goTruck's Engineering team is developing efficient, simple, and future-proof solutions for heavy logistics. We need you to be ready to take on the challenge of rapidly developing products that are able to cater to an industry that is crying out for efficiency. As a key member of this team, you will play a part in problem-solving, developing products, and setting a base for the development team to build upon. You will have the opportunity to be involved in every step of the development process and not just be a cog in the machine. Grow with us.
goTruck! is an enterprise-backed tech start-up that aims to drive digital empowerment for our customers and reinvent global heavy logistics. We believe in partnering with talents who exemplify our core values of Resilience, Agility, Collaboration, and Empowerment. With deep experience in managing transport for the biggest industry players, we are a rapidly growing team of more than 15 diverse talents with specialisations in technology, logistics, and construction.
As this is a remote role, you will need to provide your own hardware (Windows 10 PC) and a solid, working internet connection.
Your Key Responsibilities will be to:
- Produce fully functional web applications with well designed, testable, efficient, and clean code.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, and deliver high availability and performance.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing and debugging.
- Translate business requirements into both high-level and detailed functional specifications.
- Recommend changes to improve established java application processes.
You will have the following Experience and People Skills:
- Experience in software implementation, requirements gathering, systems analysis and functional design.
- Possesses an open mindset for continuous improvement and strives for excellence.
- Relishes working in a start-up environment, is resilient and enjoys ambiguity.
- Task-oriented and focused on delivering results.
- Strong communication skills to work together with the existing team.
- Communicate effectively to convey complex ideas in both written and verbal form to the business and technical teams.
- Familiar with agile development processes like storyboarding, iterative development, and continuous integration.
Your Technical Skills are:
- At least 2 years of working experience in Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate and JPA.
- Experience in developing RESTful web services with various HTML5 technologies like server-side events, push notifications, shadow DOM, browser-side storage and service workers.
- Experience in using SQL with MSSQL databases for development and troubleshooting purposes.
- Full analytical capability based on a sound understanding of software design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Comfortable with developing and deploying backend web services on Linux and Windows OS.
- Experience working with Angular (Preferred)
- Working experience with one of these architectures is a plus: service-oriented architecture, distributed architecture, microservices architecture, and messaging architecture.
You have the following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field; or
- A combination of related experience and education.