About the XA Network:
The XA Network (‘XA’) is the leading tech executives’ investment network in Southeast Asia with 100+ members who are leaders in technology companies such as Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Grab, Alibaba, Gojek among others. Our mission is to foster inclusive innovation by empowering the tech community in Southeast Asia. XA Network members have invested into 30+ companies across various sectors since 2018, including Spenmo, Bukukas, Turtle Tree Labs, Neuron Mobility, Sampingan, and Infradigital.
- Exciting opportunity to drive investment decisions for a leading investment network in Southeast Asia
- You are passionate about early-stage startup investments and love to gain exposure to the broader technology ecosystem
As an Investment Analyst, you will be growing the XA Network into a community that is focused on fostering inclusive innovation across the region.
In this role you will be reporting to the General Manager focusing on sourcing and assessing investments and contributing key insights to drive intelligent investment decisions. You will be responsible for:
- Representing the firm in meetings with founders, accelerators, and across the broader technology startup ecosystem
- Developing relationships with fast growing individuals and institutions across the Southeast Asian technology ecosystem
- Supporting the execution of transactions including both internal and third-party due diligence, structuring and consultations, and transaction documentation
- Working with the leadership team to source for potential investments
- Track sourcing activities and pipeline of new investment opportunities
- Conducting initial review and preparation of summary materials for potential new investment opportunities
- Working with portfolio companies on problem solving and opportunity discovery
- You possess a BA/BS degree in finance, engineering, or equivalent practical experience and have at least 1 year experience in venture capital, investment banking, and/or management consulting.
- Significant exposure to the technology industry / a fast-growing technology focused startup / incubator / accelerator / an investment network would be required.
- You are passionate about the Southeast Asian technology ecosystem and possess strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking, and sound business judgement.
- Professional polish including high-quality written and verbal communication skills, and ability to demonstrate grace and composure under pressure are a must, as the role involves working with founders and senior executives
- You can prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a commitment to deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills, superb attention to detail, and timely responsiveness to requests are required.
- You have the ability to handle confidential information and act with discretion.
- You are comfortable working with / picking up digital platforms including GSuite, Slack, Discord, AirTable, DocuSign, DocSend, Zoom, SquareSpace and ActiveCampaign