Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!About The Role
The International Senior Tax Accountant supports Kraken’s global tax operations, with a focus on non-US. This critical role will work across numerous functions within Kraken on a regular basis, and work with each other to tackle challenging and technical tax issues quickly in partnership with product, finance, legal, business development, and other functions. The issues you will address will be interesting and keep you on “your toes” as the company is growing quickly, expanding into new markets and products and grappling with novel issues in the area of cryptocurrency taxation.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Supports non-US tax provision, non-US tax compliance and planning efforts
- Supports month and quarterly close processes by preparing tax journal entries and reconciling tax general ledger accounts
- Maintains a global tax calendar to ensure accurate and timely filing of income taxes and indirect taxes
- Support the team with the data gathering process
- Updating and maintaining tax provisioning and compliance models for the firm
- Support ad-hoc analysis and special projects
- Identify and implement improvements to internal processes to increase efficiencies and reduce risk
- Maintain productive working relationships within finance and operations teams
- Keep abreast of tax developments, US GAAP changes and best practices
- 3+ years of progressively responsible international tax experience
- Experience with non-US tax jurisdictions such as major European jurisdictions (especially Ireland, UK) and Asia jurisdictions (e.g., Singapore)
- Solid working knowledge of ASC 740 and US IRC
- Experience with indirect tax a plus
- Chartered Accountant or local law equivalent preferred
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical capabilities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Superior skills in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience with PowerBI, OneSource or other provision/compliance software is a plus
- Working experience with analytical /visualization applications is a plus.
- Self-starter who is capable of working independently as well as within a team environment.
Location Tagging: #EU #US #APAC #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers . Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn