This is a remote position for candidates in Vietnam (anywhere)
We are building a world class finance team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how we are performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth.
We're looking for an International Accountant to join our fast growing team and help us build our technical accounting and financial reporting processes, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that's growing globally. Assist with the international financial close and reporting process for our Asia Pacific entities.
What you’ll do:
- This will include journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany accounting, cost center allocations, flux analysis on the balance sheet,the and P&L accounts
- Be the main point of contact on statutory audits of our Asia Pacific legal entities.
- You will liaise with external auditors and oversee their interactions with our finance outsourcing partners.
- You will oversee our Asia Pacific finance outsourcing partners.
- These partners perform payroll, accounts payable and financial close and reporting tasks on our behalf
- Assist with the review of corporate and indirect tax returns which are performed by our outsourcing partners and work with Tax team to ensure compliance
- Research technical accounting guidance and issues and perform analysis as needed Manage our statutory and tax reporting obligations
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 6 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or equivalent. Nice to have CPA or CFA.
- Experience working in audit (Big 4 preferred) and tech industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Familiar with accounting systems and tools (Oracle or similar is a bonus)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and local GAAP The ability to be detail-oriented, but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions
- A good understanding of both financial and operational controls Comfortable with large data sets and pivot tables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Comfortable working with cross-functional teams such as Tax, Treasury, Legal
- The ability to be flexible and very comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
Nice To Haves Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry
- Familiarity with accounting and payroll issues across the Asia Pacific region
- General ledger accounting experience in a fast-growing tech environment
- Experience of working with finance outsourced providers Experience in automation and process improvements
- Familiar with Oracle or similar ERPs is a bonus
Payment: very competitive