Objective: To ensure that patients have proper insurance coverage for the services provided by the facility.
- Position: Insurance Verification Specialist / Benefits and Eligibility Specialist
- Location: Remote
- Type of Work: Full time, permanent
- Work Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5)
The role and responsibilities:
Summary: The Benefits and Eligibility Specialist will review the patient’s eligibility and benefits of medical insurance coverage
- Verification of insurance coverage, benefits, and eligibility of each patient
- Review of patients’ background and scope
- Review of patients' health history
- Maintains admission guidelines by inputting and/or, updating admission information based on policies and procedures.
- Obtains applicant information by requesting medical information
- Keeps information confidential.
- Handling payments for services not covered by insurance
- Explaining coverages to patients
- Must have experience benefits and eligibility verification for claims on behalf of the provider
- Must have experience in handling Medicare accounts
- Experience working with Insurance companies
- Previous billing experience preferred
- Experience working for a Nursing Facility either physically or remotely is a plus
- Adept with procedures in a nursing home or hospital setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google Suite
- Documentation Skills
- Must understand medical jargons
Pay Rate: Industry standard applicable to state depending on work of experience and level of expertise.
Start date: Can start ASAP