About The Role
We are looking for a talented and competitive Inside Sales Representative (ISR) that excels in a fast-paced environment. If you are passionate about the products you are selling and you get a kick out of closing a sale, then this is the role for you.
The ISR will make outbound calls to potential clients who have expressed interest in learning more about Megaport or appear to be strong potential customers based upon our general market focus. The ISR qualifies prospective customers through targeted questions about their business strategy then leveraging this information to align and sell Megaport’s product offerings. This position spends roughly 80% of the time on the phone prospecting new clients. Inside Sales Representatives will receive hands-on training with an emphasis on strategic selling and a focus on researching targeted accounts. This position is a great way for individuals to gain in depth experience in a rapidly growing SaaS company. This position reports to the Head of Direct Sales, APAC.About Megaport
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $2 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 230 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.What You'll Be Doing
What We Are Looking For
- Contacting new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls or emails.
- Work to understand customer needs and requirements, and act on those with the Megaport services proposition.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate Sales Directors or Solutions Architects for further development and closure.
- Develop new customer relationships from market demand and the Megaport services portfolio.
- Drive new sales and achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly quotas.
- Research accounts, identify key prospects and generate interest in Megaport.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory or vertical market.
- Team up with partners to build pipeline, work over use cases as they apply to their customers and drive sales into that partner base.
- Be aware of competitors, rivals and other options that customers may deploy instead of Megaport.
What We Offer
- Proven sales experience (2+ years)
- Have an understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Cloud computing industries
- Innovative, commercially focused and collaborative approach
- Additional languages including Japanese, Mandarin and Cantonese a plus
- Understanding of enterprise IT systems and technology
- Track record of over-achieving quota with a winning mentality
- Professional phone presence and experience high volume customer calling per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Active listening and engaging presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time effectively
All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Flexible working environments
- Birthday Leave
- Generous study and training allowance + development opportunities + 5 days paid study leave
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities for career growth and potential for global intra-company transfers for interested candidates
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview
Strictly no Recruitment Agencies please.