Agora is the world’s leading video, voice and live interactive streaming platform, helping developers deliver rich in-app experiences – including embedded voice and video chat, real-time recording, interactive live streaming, and real-time messaging. We power an average of over 50,000,000,000 minutes of human connection per month across the globe. Our mission is to make real-time engagement ubiquitous, allowing everyone to interact with anyone, anytime and anywhere.
We are customer-centric, results driven, and we foster an environment that values diversity, teamwork, mindful communication and excellence. With accelerating global growth, we are looking for exceptional people to enhance our team of world-class technology evangelists. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing multinational company that both values teamwork and recognizes individual impact. Your voice and ideas are welcome here.
Human Resources Manager (Singapore)
As the first HR leader in the APAC region (outside of China), the Human Resource Manager will report to the VP of People, work closely with the US and China based HR teams, lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
· Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
· Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
· Works with the Recruiting team to manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Works with the People Ops team to analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
· Works with the L&D team to ensure deployment of training programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
· Oversees employee relations, disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with country and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
· 10+ years of human resource management experience in technology companies.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
· Excellent English and Mandarin Chinese verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of international employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.