We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
Who We Are
We have backed more than 2,500 companies or 5,000+ entrepreneurs in 75+ countries. Notable investments in the 500 portfolio include Credit Karma, Twilio, Canva, Grab, Bukalapak, The RealReal, Talkdesk, Udemy, and Ipsy. Because of our global network and expertise, we are in a unique position to build startups ecosystems worldwide.
Beyond providing seed capital, 500 supports startups via their Seed Accelerator Programs which emphasize digital marketing, customer acquisition, lean startup practices, and fundraising for pre-Seed companies. 500 Startups further contributes to the development of innovation ecosystems by supporting startups and investors through educational programs, events, conferences, and partnerships with corporations and governments around the world.
What We Need
We are looking for an amazing individual to join our HR Operations team as a HR Employment Contract Lead. You will report to the Director of Human Resources. This position will be remote.
Who You Are
You are passionate about people, have exceptional organizational skills, a passion for detail and the ability to handle sensitive information, confidentially. You have an extraordinary ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and the ability to change focus quickly as demands change. You enjoy a work environment that is fast-paced; you help create an amazing, positive workplace.
What You Will be Doing
- Independently review and/or draft templated consulting or employment offers for all hires, worldwide and address contracting issues related to coaches, mentors or other short-term engagements.
- Maintain document retention (and version control) of employment offers and contract templates.
- Organize and track information, periodically auditing archives for accuracy and completeness, maintaining electronic recordkeeping of documents, to include employment, compliance, role change and other such information.
- Liaise with internal and external legal counsel(s) in the development of new in-country employment agreements in preparation for global expansion.
- Collaborate with HRD in the development and expansion of global policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the wider HR department, Hiring Managers, or Legal functions as needed.
- Coordinating with external counsel in various jurisdictions with employment law matters and employment templates.
Please keep in mind this list is not all inclusive and you may be asked to perform other job functions not otherwise listed.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Experience working with employment letters and contracts (multi-country a plus)
- Nice to have: Experience or insights on EPL matters and internal investigations.
- Must work well independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to make decisions independently and in accordance with established policies
- Ability to use initiative and judgment in carrying out tasks
- Strong multi-tasking skills, detail oriented with good organizational and retention skills; exceptional attention to detail; ability to process data quickly and accurately
- Ability to communicate articulately and comprehend written and verbal communications
- Strong project management skills; ability to communicate confidently, clearly and sensitively
- Comfortable with a changing environment and a variety of responsibilities
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often chaotic environment
- Mac & PC Proficient
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and/or GoogleSuite
- Preference for working knowledge of Airtable, ADP WorkforceNow, Sapling, though not required
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent, and legal certification or experience
- Familiarity with basic employment regulations
- Minimum of 2 years of legal experience in employment matters or 3 years of employment paralegal experience in the US. Experience in multinational companies or firms is preferred.
- Unlimited PTO, plus Holidays
- Eligibility to participate in health insurance plans
- The opportunity to work with phenomenal people around the world!