We are looking for a HR Leader to build our team, and keep the team engaged and productive as we scale.
We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with making teams more efficient and effective, building processes and systems to help people reach a “world-class” level.
What is the current team set-up?
We have a hybrid-remote set-up with a “hub office” in HCMC, Vietnam, which consists of the CEO, COO, CFO, CTO along with various division heads. This is in conjunction with remote staff based in 15+ other countries . At the time of writing, we have 110+ staff, and we plan to continue to grow as we thoughtfully scale to keep up with business growth.
It’s going to be an extremely exciting few years, and we’re looking for someone equally excited to tackle all of this growth!
How much of this role is strategy vs operational/execution?
At our current stage, all global managerial roles have a dual responsibility of strategy and execution. Managers are also ‘do-ers’ and will need to get involved in the day to day execution.
On a strategic front, this role is perfect for someone with a strong experience at scaling start-up teams, and is able to build and map our talent to the business goals
What are the key challenges for this role?
Alongside Talent Acquisition you will be solving challenges such as:
- Integrating and maintaining company culture as cross-functional collaboration and geographic dispersion increases
- Defining Career Paths for Employees
- Alignment of compensation and performance
- Development of learning and development programs for managers
- HR/Employee Relations Management
What types of responsibilities will this involve?
- Lead the Talent Acquisition team to identify and hire the best talent globally and in Vietnam. We hire based on ‘world class talent’ or ‘world class potential’.
- Your approach to recruiting should bring analytic and operational rigor to our processes, so that we continue to provide a great candidate experience at scale.
- Create an exceptional onboarding system for our teams around the world, that is both unified but also unique to each team.
- You will understand the greatest development needs at all levels across the business and address those needs through the Learning & Development organization.
- You will continue to make our company a place at which people want to stay for years.
- Make our performance & salary reviews efficient and effective.
- Build fair and transparent compensation, titles, and org structures.
- You will own broader reward and recognition programs, so that our best people feel their work is visible and appreciated.
- Adopt new tools and build systems to help us communicate effectively across teams and locations (communication within each team is owned by those individual teams).
- Oversee a calendar of team events that help foster close relationships among team members
- You’ll proactively assess and measure the health of our culture, and you’ll create traditions to build and protect our culture.
- Lead the choice and implementation of all People related systems as we grow, with the goal of creating a ‘single source of truth’ for each employee.
- You will deeply understand our employees with qualitative and quantitative data so that you can make strong, data driven decisions.
Where will this role be based?
- The role can be based in our HCMC, Vietnam office or remote. If remote, preference will be given to candidates who are either:
- Within +/- 2 hour time difference with Vietnam
- Open to relocation to Vietnam
What makes the ideal candidate for this role?
- 5+ years experience in People Operations/HR with ideally some experience in your career as a talent acquisition specialist/recruiter
- Expertise/thoughtfulness across breadth of HR and recruiting functions: Has experience and depth in a range of functions -- with comp and benefits, with architecting learning and development programs, with the strategy and operations of recruiting, with expertise in organizational design, as well as the personal side of employee relations
- Previous experience working in a startup environment, ideally seed/series A stage - understanding that everyday you must ‘embrace the chaos’ but work towards structure
- Experience leading teams at scale: Has led start-ups and knows the opportunities and challenges that come with scaling teams.
What key traits will you need?
- Resourcefulness. On a daily basis, you will need to think of quick and creative solutions to challenges / issues /trends you identify.
- We are the very definition of a fast-paced start-up. It’s incredibly liberating, and we may not get things right all of the time (90% of the time we do!) but we accept this is the trade-off for moving at pace and innovating. Ultimately everything will be measured as results matter, but (particularly) for this position we want to constantly be challenging the status quo.
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate
- Always find a way
- Dare to be different
- Dare to be challenged
- Action orientated: better to make a reversible bad decision than no decision at all
Some Basic Requirements
- Fluent English language skills (you don’t need an IELTS, but if you did it would be 7.0+)
- Submit your application via our Careers Page: https://www.virtualinternships.com/about-us/careers/
- In-Person/ Zoom conversation with CEO & COO
- In-Person/ Zoom presentation with CEO & COO + Senior Leadership