This position is a permanent role to be stationed in Manila, Philippines. However, it does not require immediate relocation and Revolut can support a temporary remote working arrangement until physical relocation is required.
About The Team
The Global Authorisations and Expansion Department is one of the most cross-functional departments in Revolut, working with and supporting many of the other teams around the organisation. We are global expansion machines, regulatory and licensing experts, problem solvers and creators, with a strong collaborative and open culture. We are ultimately driven by the desire to open up Revolut to the widest possible audience around the world.
About The Role
When you join the Expansion team at Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless. We’re looking for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data, whilst being able to deliver empathetically. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
Armed to the teeth with technology, we are diving deeper into the world of traditional banking, showing a lost generation that things can be done better. Things can be different. From tearing down financial borders to mending the broken trust, we are the disruption that is needed. The Expansion team is the engine, driving ambitious growth, making the impossible happen. We are looking for strong players to lead our mission as we continue to expand into Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East, and beyond.
What You Need To Achieve
- Being Entrepreneurial-Agents of Revolut - you’ll set up the company in international markets from start to finish
- Scoping new markets for Revolut to enter; advising and executing on entry and implementation strategy
- Developing strategic partnerships with regulators, key operational and growth partners in these regions
- Project-managing work-flow to launch the business in a particular country
- Executing scale operations and working with cross-functional teams in London and our global offices; from Operations to Finance, Legal and Compliance, Marketing and Communications, etc.
- Identifying key product, operational, licensing and growth opportunities for Revolut
- Work closely with the Global Authorisations (Licensing) team to deliver on Revolut’s ability to operate with a licence in your market
- Incorporating and setting up new offices in new countries
- Hiring local teams to build a foundation for an official launch and beyond
- Building critical vendor relationships and performance tracking systems
- Owning the market
What You'll Need
- You’re a natural entrepreneur - ability to spot opportunities for Revolut to snap up
- You’re familiar with the competitive finance and technology landscape in Philippines
- You’re excellent at organisational and project management skills, and have a natural ability to break big tasks into smaller sub-tasks that can be monitored and tracked
- You have at least 10 years experience in consulting, regulatory analysis, expansion, fast-growing startups, or similar.
- You’re excellent at business English writing skills.
- You have discerning ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- You’re an excellent team player with ability to work closely with others to deliver results
- Demonstrate an ability to manage and communicate with various stakeholders within and out of the company
- You demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically, work empathetically
- You’re eager to learn and take on tasks out of the comfort zone
- You’re proactive and willing to volunteer to do what needs to be done
- You have started your own business before, or were a key founding member
- You have a network of leaders in startup, finance, regulatory and public affairs to tap into
The role will be based in Philippines.