Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We've been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We're proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
- Our team is looking for an experienced and technically minded audit and accounting manager to help drive the Global Finance team to be able to comply the entities under the Xendit Group financial structure to be consolidated under US GAAP as well as local GAAP in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and the US plus any other countries that Xendit moves ventures into.
- In addition, the role will be the main person in charge of kicking off the internal audit team, driving quarterly audits, ensuring testing of transactions
- in preparation of the year end audit done by our Big 4 auditors is passed with an unqualified opinion within the timeframe at a local and group level.
- This role will have many responsibilities, such as being responsible for day-to-day accounting policies, transaction monitoring and control, working closely with the Group Financial Controller in Singapore as well as reporting to the Head of Global Finance and the audit committee.
- Excellent communication and project managing skills are essential since the role will involve liaising with internal and external stakeholders and converting the company to US GAAP for group audit purposes along with external consultants and our group auditors.
- Accounting Knowledge and Analysis
- Understand the local and US GAAP requirements for the group of entities to ensure consolidation at a group level.
- Able to extract data from and review our accounting systems and processes in NetSuite to perform necessary analysis on our accounting treatment.
- Drive initiatives on setting up SOPs and Policies to support accounting records for audit.
- Attend monthly closing meetings to ensure proper accounting of our management accounts to confirm universal treatment of entries and review the regional accountants work and advise on any grey areas.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly supported.
- Nice to have transfer pricing and arms length transaction knowledge in the SE Asia region.
- Other ad-hoc tasks and projects as assigned.
- Conduct reconciliation review and validation of cost and revenue related to customer transactions which is the main piece of our year end audit.
- Periodically support and review intercompany reconciliations and investigate past issues, if necessary.
- Ensure customer balances tie back to the customer dashboard in preparation for year end audit.
- Also ensure local accountants are providing the correct Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Audit and Tax Filing Support
- Coordinate global and local audits by project managing the local teams in schedule preparation and pulling supporting documents for sample testing.
- Be the main point of contact for our external advisors on US GAAP conversion and our group auditors.
- Kick off the internal audit process as we prepare to be IPO ready in the future.
- Familiar with tax and bank requirements for cross-border settlement of related party transactions.
- Ability to work on integration projects such as post-M&A and immerse into the Xendit financial way of things
- Capable of ensuring implementation of SOPs across groups to ensure consistent accounting treatment across groups.
- Liaise daily with the relevant Xendit groups.
- Help lead the team to success.
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
What We Care About
- You are a graduate of Accounting/Finance or a similar course
- You have 5+ years of experience as an Accountant, Tax Accountant, Financial Controller or as an Auditor who has moved into industry or looking to move into industry
- You are well versed in the local GAAP of SE Asian countries and big bonus points for US GAAP knowledge and experience.
- CPA is preferred but not required if the needed experience has been gained.
- You are detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities while maintaining quality work
- You have a discerning ability to prioritize workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- You are a team player and communicate well with internal and external stakeholders
- You have great ownership mentality and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- You pick up new skills quickly using a combination of self-exploration and relationship building
- You are a creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You're like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don't take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You're remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can't find someone who raves about you then it's unlikely we will too.