We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Head of Compliance and AML, Singapore will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all aspects of the Singapore Compliance and AML programme.
The role-holder will report to the Deputy Head of International Compliance and will be based in Singapore.
- What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)Lead Compliance input/management of the licence application to the MAS for a Payment Services Act licence
- Maintain all external Singapore Compliance relationships, including Regulators and Industry Working Groups
- Responsible for keeping abreast of regulatory developments in Singapore that could impact Coinbase’s business and for rolling out necessary changes in a timely and cost-effective manner in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Carry out regular assessments of the adequacy of systems and controls to ensure that risks are managed effectively. Ensure that policies are updated to meet changing regulatory and business requirements
- Interpret the relevant regulations and be able to summarise concisely to brief management. Liaise with other functional divisions to lead or assist on projects to cover Compliance tasks such as documenting decisions and enhancing policies and procedures
- Review and approve recommendations on appropriate changes to global business models, practices, controls or processes required to comply with legislative/regulatory changes and best practice. Liaise with business and product teams as appropriate
- Manage and develop global relationships with key internal stakeholders and senior management in order to promote a consistent approach to the development and execution of an effective and integrated control environment
- Oversee the design, development and roll-out of the Singapore Compliance Monitoring Programs for:
- Mandatory regulatory reporting in accordance with local requirements
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption practices
- The Policy framework
- Track all relevant Internal Audit and Regulatory Exam items
- Responsible for Compliance training of local employees
- Work with the Deputy Head of International Compliance to respond to regulatory comment letters
- Manage the Singapore integration and implementation of relevant projects e.g. sanctions, onboarding
- Proactively participate in internal business committees and working groups
- Identify regulatory program requirements
- Validate compliance against established policies, procedures and applicable rules, standards and regulations
- Work with regional Compliance departments to develop regional monitoring and testing programs
- Escalate regulatory compliance issues or material incidents of non-compliance to the Deputy Head of International Compliance and Board of Coinbase Singapore
- Periodic key reporting and notifications both internally and externally as required
- Assist in the management and implementation of appropriate AML and CTF policies and procedures
- Ensure that AML and CTF requirements are considered as part of the development of new products, or service changes
- Maintain up to date AML documentation
- Assist in the development of report to the Board on a regular basis detailing the operation and effectiveness of the systems and controls used to combat financial crime
- Arrange and assist with regulatory visits and audit inspections
- Maintain an internal reporting process for receiving internal Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- At least 7 years of experience in Compliance functions in regulated financial services firms
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services regulations in Singapore and good working understanding of retail/ institutional financial products
- Experience in developing and administering internal controls and processes
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management
- A professional compliance or finance qualification, and membership of a recognized professional body, would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Expertise - leader when it comes to regulatory knowledge in Singapore
- Leadership - voice concerns, challenge and help implement roadmap for Singapore
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced remote environment
- Commitment to Diversity
- Demonstrated ability to generate and execute strategies across a global organization
- Skilled at executing large, multi-functional and cross-organizational assignments that require in-depth analysis
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organization as well as with external stakeholders and vendors
- Leadership and key stakeholder engagement skills and experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner
- Keen interest in digital currencies
- Related bachelor’s level degree required
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.