Join a global company that leads its industry in providing renewable energy solutions worldwide. My client has positioned themselves upstream of a multitude of greenfield projects to ensure their longevity as a technological and innovative leader within the renewables space. With a focus on existing and new projects that span across the APAC region, the Head of Business Development will lead M&A, origination and transactional processes that will bolster my client’s already significant renewables portfolio while also creating opportunities for new renewables projects.
Role and Responsibility:
- Vietnam based to support the wider growth of the company in the APAC region.
- Actively engage in the design of the APAC business development strategy.
- Identify joint development and acquisition opportunities to determine whether they should be pursued.
- Collaborate with advisors to lead due diligences to assess technical/financial viability in conjunction with development status
- Lead transactional negotiations
- Construct simple and detailed financial models to be considered for negotiation and investment.
- Lead negotiation of key project contracts (grid connection, PPA, land agreements etc.).
- Keeping up to date with existing and new regulatory and legal frameworks for renewable projects across relevant jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant degree in finance or engineering with ideally 7+ years of relevant experience with large scale renewables projects or in a related field. Previous experience within investment banking, venture capital and private equity preferred.
- Ability and demonstrated track record in origination of potential transactions with regards to the acquisition of solar/wind farms under development or in operation across the APAC region.
- Transactional skills, specifically advanced financial modelling skills, leading due diligence, drafting IMs as well as project finance experience.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of regulatory and legal frameworks within the renewables space (planning, permits and environmental policy).
- Demonstrated track record of leading negotiations of key project contracts (land agreement, grid connections, PPA etc.).
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the above and they will be passionate about continuing to work within the green sustainability space.
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not wait to apply or get in touch for a confidential chat.