Terahard Studios ( www.terahard.org ) are looking for Graphics Programmers, for the Unity Engine, Junior or Senior.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Researching, implementing and supporting new rendering features and shaders across multiple platforms.
- Creating stable, reusable and modular rendering technologies that make best use of Unity Engine and its existing pipelines.
- Collaborating with technical and creative staff to come up with timescales, implement features and resolve issues.
- Liaising with tech art and other disciplines to help art and design teams on multiple projects direct their efforts.
- Discussing available resources with other disciplines to establish reasonable and pragmatic performance budgets for PC, console and VR games.
- Participating in development of tools that improve artist workflows.
- Profiling and optimising existing code and systems.
- The role includes developing gameplay
This role would suit someone who has:
- Experience in graphics programming – Deep knowledge of key technologies used in graphics programming for games, such as Cg and HLSL.
- C# programming - Ability to write readable, reusable, safe and performant code utilising design patterns and software engineering.
- Collaboration - An empathetic individual who can balance the needs of different teams when approaching their work.
- Communication skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate your work in both a technical and non-technical manner to help overcome challenges in English.
- Planning and organising skills - Ability to prioritise requirements from multiple stakeholders and self-manage time and attention.
- Self-learning and mentorship - Someone with a desire to research, learn, and improve their own knowledge, and pass that knowledge on to others
- An eye for aesthetics - the ability to discuss with artists what works visually and how to make it fit in to a game.
- Debugging and data optimisation – A thorough understanding of how to get the most out of a frame, such as reducing memory usage or shader complexity, or knowing when to pick a fresh approach
- 3D maths and data structures - An understanding of 3D maths and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- For seniors: Proven experience graphics programming in a modern game engine for published PC, console, VR or mobile titles in a professional team or studio environment.
- For juniors: Proven experience graphics programming in a modern game engine.
This is a permanent position based in London/Athens OR work from home around the world
Please email your CV to [email protected] with [Linkedin] in the title for preference for this group
#graphicsprogrammer #gpuprogramming #gameplay #games #gamedev #unityjobs #unitydeveloper #unity3d #unitygames #london #athens #remote