Remote (Tokyo Relocation Available)
Are You Looking…
- To make a difference at the fastest growing tech company in Japan?
- For a fair working environment where anyone regardless of their background can make an impact
- To invest yourself and take ownership of your work
- Forward to work in a highly flexible, remote-first organization
- To simply have a ton of fun?
We Are Zeals
A communication tech company based out of Tokyo, Japan. We are a group of scrappy and hungry bunch from different walks of life, looking to make an actual impact on the way people and businesses communicate through our AI Chatbot technology. We obsess over bringing hospitality to everyone--be it our customers or you! You’re an individual with unique needs. As an employer we are ready to roll-up our sleeves and change the status quo if it means to make your experience better!
Everyone matters here at Zeals--regardless of their background. Be it a young coding prodigy (Yes, our CTO just turned 22) to someone who hardly speaks Japanese. Everyone has a voice. We went from a small, humble apartment to a 300 people organization across multiple time zones (with no sign of stopping) in the span of 7 years--all that thanks to our members’ contributions. So, if you join us, get ready toraise up your voice and spend your time contributing to projects that matter!
Our last 2 years have been phenomenal and we are still growing (with so much untapped potential). While we can’t attract you with ping-pong tables or all-you-can-drink espresso bars. We can promise you full flexibility on your workstyle and co-workers that you can brag about to your friends, family or anyone you meet the next time you go out for a party!
Your Typical Day With Us
- Work on ongoing and evolving project to improve reservation and data management/data analytics for car and dealerships
- Development with a focus on Clean Architecture of new services in Golang, using REST and gRPC interfaces
- Maintaining/iterating on legacy DX resources (Golang/REST)
- Work on improving our understanding of the customer domain
- Work on expanding our product offerings and adding values for our customers
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience’ in Software Engineering or similar role
- 2+ years of experience in development using Golang
- Proficiency in SQL, PostgreSQL, REST, and gRPC
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Clean Architecture
- Display a strong customer centric mindset
- Ability to communicate recommendations for improvements on current systems, processes, and services as needed.
- Exhibit a strong ability to adapt in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
What Makes you Stand Out
- Ability to optimize SQL queries
- Previous experience with Ruby on Rails
- Working experience or knowledge of front-end stack, particularly Vue.Js
- Experience working on digital transformation projects
- Previous working experience with service-based companies
- From Zeals good things come from giving your all
- Bet on Paradox be a maverick and never settle for just good enough
- United Will teamwork is the heart to every achievement
What We Can Give You in Return
- Salary Range : negotiable
- Bonus : twice
- Performance review: twice a year
- Holidays: 10 days paid holidays during the first year, weekend off, national holidays, summer and winter break.