BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Senior Manager - Global Sector Development
Customer: DHL Supply Chain
Grade: RCS I
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Closing Date for Applications: 24th October 2021
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
What is the main purpose of this role?
To maximize divisional Net Growth for the Division working cross-sector globally by:
- The development of divisional sector / sub-sector / product strategies together with regions & ensure follow-up of actions by all parties
- Driving defined global growth accelerator initiatives - combining sector strategy + product development growth drivers
- Engaging in x-regional sector sales committees
- Actively leading major opportunities.
This role it aimed at high potential new and experienced employees, providing extensive global exposure and stretch assignments
What are the key responsibilities?
- Coordinate annual divisional sector / sub-sector / product strategy sessions, incl. representatives from CDO, regions, functions and CSI and ensure follow-up of actions by all parties
- Develop a robust partnership with CSI, collaborating on industry/sector specific intelligence ensuring an up to date view on industry trends is easily accessible
- Support flexible resourcing of biggest Net Growth relevant activities; contribute to Sector Dev. Steering Committee for creation & review of quarterly initiative plan
- Identify (sub) sector specific or x-sector trends & markets and create significant opportunities, develop concept, community & pipeline together with regions
- Support the development and execution of sales strategy for an initiative, incl. growth forecasts and go-to-market expansion plans, value proposition, sales collateral development, community building and driving of commercialization
- Deliver / Fail fast - regular review of performance against plans. Hand over products to regional/ solution design leadership after incubation.
- Provide direct leadership for customer targeting & opportunistic consultative selling/ pursuits originating from a specific growth accelerator initiative expected
- Manage and develop talent; coach Global, Regional Sector and other BU teams to develop a holistic strategy and tactical approach
What experience are we looking for?
- Experience of working in a complex regional/global matrix environment
- Experience of working within a team responsible for delivering Net Growth
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Operations
- Deep experience in a single sector or experience across multiple sectors
- A minimum of 5+ years in the logistics industry
- Frontline business development experience, with strong facilitation and influencing skills at all levels
- Exposure to leading large, complex projects or operations
- Process orientated with consultative/collaborative approach
- Experience of Digital exploitation, comfortable working with technology
- Experience of working in a country/regional/global environment
- Experience of working with and respecting multiple cultures
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Globe. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.