Join an Innovative Growth Team as MEAN Stack Developer
Fresh Prints is a New York City based custom apparel startup. We find incredible students and give them the working capital, training, and support to build the business at their schools.
We develop, host, and operate a custom built OMS and a client-facing application. Those apps currently power and service $20 million in annual revenue. You’ll be a part of our engineering team building systems and applications for our journey from $20 million to $100 million.
Some of the questions that you'll work on:
- How do we make sure our OMS scales with the business?
- What new unique value propositions can we create through tech?
- How do we develop additional revenue channels?
- How do we increase operational efficiency?
- How do we usher in the next stage at Fresh Prints?
We’re looking for a dynamic, driven, and experienced professional who wants to take on the challenges mentioned above. We need you to participate in feature discussions, digging into business requirements, and understanding the user.
This role reports to Manoj Kulkarni our Senior Engineering Manager and you will work with an extremely talented and professional team.
- Designing user interactions on web pages
- Developing back end REST API
- Creating servers and databases for functionality
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs
- Maintain Quality and ensure responsiveness of application
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Contribute to the development to the scalable applications
- Guide our team of front end developers and back end developers
- Monitor reliability and performance of internal systems to prevent issues
- Working knowledge on latest versions of Angular and Node JS.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Strong understanding of SCRUM
- 4+ years of hands on experience with web based applications
- Comfortable with containers and micro-services
- Extremely comfortable with Angular (both JS and 7), NodeJS, MySQL, and AWS
- Experience with object-oriented and functional programming and test-driven development
- Able to connect the dots between code and business value
- Exposure to AWS services like S3, ECS, Lambda etc.
- Ability to work independently on the modules
- Guiding and helping junior developers
- Ability to hit timelines and own the work.
- Strong communication and problem solver approach.
- Understanding Business needs and coming up with solutions
Tech Stack and Process
- Agile development process that revolves around sprints and spec’ing to make sure we are coding efficiently. Moving towards TDD with automated unit testing.
- Religious use of Jira, Bitbucket, and daily updates to stay organized
- Regular UX/UI reviews, code reviews, and SonarCloud mean developers give and get tons of feedback so that the quality of our code is constantly improving
- Tech stack and process is still rapidly evolving and the team is very open to changes that make us stronger
- Proactive. You believe it’s always on you to make sure anything you do is a success.
- In love with challenges. You revel in solving problems and want a job that pushes you out of your comfort zone.
- Goal-oriented and ambitious. You’re dedicated to a long term vision of who you are and where you want to go.
- Open to change. You’re inspired by the endless ways in which everything we do can always be improved.
- Calm under pressure. You have a sense of urgency but channel it into productively working through any issues.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary between USD $15,000 - $25,000 per annum
- Health insurance for employee
- The opportunity to learn a lot rapidly
- Personal Accident Insurance
- This role offers remote working in case you are based outside India. However if you are in India, then this role will eventually (post Covid) be based out of our office in Hyderabad (WFH currently).
- Usual working hours 2:00pm IST - 11:00pm IST
Fresh Prints is an equal employment opportunity employer and promotes diversity; actively encouraging people of all backgrounds, ages, LGBTQ+, and those with disabilities to apply