SORAMITSU is a Japanese technology company delivering blockchain-based solutions for enterprises, universities, and governments. From the creation of domestic and cross-border payment systems to the development of our own decentralized autonomous economy, our projects and use case studies represent the next generation of fintech. In 2020, Soramitsu was recognized by Central Banking as the "Central Bank Digital Currency Partner of the Year". We have many widely recognized projects in both enterprise/institutional and crypto, including Bakong, Hyperledger IROHA, Polkaswap, Fearless Wallet, KAGOME, FUHON, and of course, SORA. You can familiarize yourself with our various activities by visiting our homepage.
This is a remote position, though we do maintain physical offices in Japan, Russia, Thailand, Cambodia, and Switzerland - which you would be welcome to stop by if you're in one of those regions.Job Description
- Reporting to CFO
- Financial Statements: Generating financial statements for the Group and group entities according to respective GAAP.
- National Taxes: Prepare and file tax returns for group entities; areas including, but not limited to, corporate income tax, value added tax, withholding tax.
- International Taxes: Design and establish the Group TP framework and satisfy the documentation/reporting requirements in compliance with BEPS.
- FP&A: Prepare internal reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis, in order to contribute for management decision-making.
- Bank account relationship management; nostro control and cash flow management, forecasting and plan-vs-actual variance analysis.
- Invoicing (Account Receivables management) and invoice processing (Account Payables management).
- Cost accounting for system development.
- Fixed assets accounting, including IP.
- Crypto asset accounting and control.
- Budgeting and budgetary control.
- Payroll & compulsory social benefits/insurance.
- Establish and maintain internal accounting policies/procedures.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders such as shareholders, department heads, tax authorities, banks, auditors, and relevant regulatory bodies related to finance, accounting and taxation matters.
- Lead implementation of accounting systems, internal control schemes
- Cover colleagues’ works in the non-finance/accounting areas, such as Administration, HR, Legal documentation, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a management position of Finance, Accounting, Treasury and/or Tax functions in a multinational organization.
- Professional accounting qualification is a plus, but not required.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English.
- Command of Japanese, Russian and/or German is a plus, but not required.
- Good and constructive communication skills for dealing with external and internal stakeholders, including Tax authorities and Regulators.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient performer; proactive, innovative, and detail oriented.
Salary and other benefits are TBD based on experience and fit.