As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60 years now. Today, worldwide more than 7,200 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to install and support high technology equipment in research, pharmaceutical, university and government labs for Bruker BioSpin, a leading manufacturer of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and compact magnetic resonance (CMR) spectroscopy instruments and accessories. The Field Service Engineer works with highly complex equipment that requires advanced understanding of these instruments to perform installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair service activities.
- Install new or modified NMR systems or accessories at customer facilities and ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Provide on-site technical assistance to install, service, and repair equipment.
- Familiarize and train customers for basic operation of the equipment.
- Secure customer acceptance of installation and repair sign-off.
- Re-qualify the entire instrument after service repair by running complex compounds for verification.
- Serve as a supportive and effective communication link between the customer and company to ensure customer service satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as required.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Biotech, Biology or Chemistry discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience diagnosing and repairing complex mechanical, electromechanical and/or electronic equipment.
- Knowledge of NMR, analog electronics, high voltage circuitry/circuits, laser technology, chromatography separation techniques, cryogenics, and ultra-high vacuum technology desirable.
- Strong technical skills involving analytical instrumentation.
- Excellent customer focus with ability to reliably respond to inquiries, communicate and interact with Scientists that possess a Ph.D. (or Master’s Degree) in Biochemistry, Biophysics or Microbiology.
- Strong verbal, written, MS Office, computer, technical data, and networking communication and presentation skills, with ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, follow through, and meet deadlines within an entrepreneurial and customer-focused work environment.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete position training requirements.
- Valid Drivers' License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
- Ability to maintain a valid Passport and travel approximately 50-70% as required.