We're currently looking for a top-notch Engineering Manager to grow our software development team. Your primary focus will be on managing and overseeing the design and development of our software applications. Directs the work of engineers to ensure the best practices around software development. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important. We're looking for someone who will constantly challenge themselves to be on the cutting-edge of new technology and grow the team's knowledge of best practices.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible to:
- Provide mentorship and technical direction to your team members especially in architecting and building systems for our product.
- Build & maintain a strong team of developers that consistently deliver solid results.
- Analyze issues in the team’s workflow and collaboration along with potential solutions that can answer these challenges.
- Learn contextual breadth and scope in your product domain.
- Encourage the use of best practices and methodologies in software development to create high quality outputs.
- Develop partnerships with engineers and product managers to better understand and implement product requirements.
- Monitor and adapt the team's pace to instill a sense of urgency for progress while avoiding burnout.
- Actively participate in cross-team collaboration and exchange team learnings.
- Engineers who have the skills and knowledge necessary to meet the expectations of this role with at least 5 years of experience and 1-2 year leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in building, managing, mentoring and supporting a team of high performing engineers
- Deep knowledge on how to build a modern software architecture that is well-structured, scalable, resilient, secure, performant & extendible. This often includes the knowledge of how an application would interact with its supporting infrastructure.
- Supportive teammates
- Health insurance benefits
- Self development activities that support careers
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working during pandemic
- Broaden your knowledge in financial investment