DIRECTLY REPORTS TO:
VP of Product
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The primary responsibility of the Director of Product is to develop the strategy and direct the product development and implementation of the company’s ever expanding product portfolio. This is inclusive of gathering and prioritizing requirements for the new products, defining the vision, and collaborating closely with the other directors from the engineering, marketing, sales and operations departments in order to ensure both financial and consumer satisfaction goals are met. Along with the VP of Product, the Director of Product would be ensuring that the newer products are being adopted well both internally and externally. Moreover, the Director will also be responsible for developing new Products. If innovation excites you and you like creating order from chaos, this role would be right up your alley.
○ Build and cultivate an understanding the product’s vision, business case, and compiling the product planning material necessary for driving initiatives further with clarity and consensus
○ Work closely with the Growth team to develop marketing strategies and sales strategies
○ Conduct relevant product research; establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses
○ Conduct consumer and market research that further aids the business in understanding current and future product needs
○ Represent the business and promote the products by advocating for its value and benefits at executive briefings, marketing events, online consumer platforms, and so forth.
○ Responsible for developing, defining, and overseeing the product’s roadmap and managing it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business
○ Cross-functional nature; expected to liaise with other departments
○ Translate the product needs into requirements and to drive consensus within the product departments, which ultimately promotes the achievement of the product goals
○ Collaboration leads to clear and efficient product road mapping, product planning, prioritization, and an overall agile product development process
○ Keep the various stakeholders of the business up to date on product process and progress
QUALIFICATIONS | COMPETENCIES:
Powered by JazzHR