Maxeon Solar Technologies is a global leader in solar innovation. Built from 35 years of boundary-pushing solar innovation, Maxeon designs manufactures and sells industry-leading SunPower branded solar products. Maxeon is Powering Positive Change TM every day with a brilliant, passionate, and driven team of more than 5,000 people globally.
We hold ourselves to a higher standard, striving for the highest integrity, safety, and quality. We thrive together as a global team, embracing our diverse backgrounds to make a positive impact on the world.
Join us in POWERING POSITIVE CHANGE™
Our Director of Manufacturing Operations Finance and FP&A is responsible for finance and compliance for our global manufacturing operations in Asia (the Philippines, Malaysia and China), and North America. The ideal candidate will be data driven, system savvy and adept at adapting current financial processes and systems. This position requires a strategic mindset while still being very detail oriented. This position requires both strong accounting and financial planning and analysis skills.
- Directly work with the Head of Manufacturing in the development of strategic financial plans that balance margin, working capital and capital expenditure in the short-term, while providing for long-term investments required to achieve strategic goals of innovation, differentiation, and cost leadership.
- Lead the development of annual operating plans, quarterly budgeting and standard setting. Consolidate and review budget versus actual performance on a monthly basis and provide analysis to support Maxeon’s five-day month-end close process.
- Lead accounting close for inventory and cost of goods sold ensuring SOX compliance.
- Lead the manufacturing and supply chain cost reduction roadmap and consolidate results and action plans for reporting purposes. Drive cost reduction initiatives in active partnership with operations.
- Allocate and manage capital expenditure for capacity expansion, cost reduction, and innovation. Ensure investments meet adequate IRR and NPV thresholds.
- Perform due diligence on joint venture or other strategic investments.
- Manage inventory, accounts payable and supplier prepayments to reduce working capital requirements and generate cash flow.
- Travel to international locations, manage and motivate teams, and deliver results. Be flexible to work across time zones.
- Passionate, energetic, flexible, and ready to lead
- Strategic agility, analytical expertise
- Strong collaborative skills
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Proven leadership, management and delegation skills
- Executive presence and demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance (or similar), MBA preferred
- At least 10 years of working experience, with 5 years in a senior level working in finance and manufacturing (semiconductor or solar experience is helpful)
- Superior time management and prioritization capabilities, with demonstrated success working in a deadline driven, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to make the complex simple and implement lean financial processes.
- Strong cost accounting and financial accounting required.
- Savvy with financial systems and strong Excel and Power Point skills.