An exciting Deputy QA/Test Manager (Automation) - Remote Work job has just been made available in a promising UK-based fintech company with headquarters in Makati. This role is remote and will focus in managing a team of QA engineers and contribute to best practices.
About the Deputy QA/Test Manager (Automation) - Remote Work Role:
In this business critical role, you will assist the Deputy QA/Test Manager (Automation) in looking after a team of QA Engineers, make recommendations for testing tools, maintenance, and testing strategies with a particular focus around test automation and BDD approach and assist with creating a maintainable application landscape alongside other QA Engineers, Development Leads, Developers and Scrum Masters.
- Act as the second-in-command for a software development test team (around six or more QA Engineers, both manual and automation) and assist with their testing and automation BDD approach, owning the test process
- Analyse and design test plans and cases, step definitions and feature files in order to test the product range, acting as one of the most senior QA Engineering members of the team
- Help to build test libraries and increase automation coverage in the tools
- Research new technologies, multitask on multiple projects with other team members
- Follow software development processes and testing conventions, using Agile/SCRUM principles and working closely with other QA Engineers, Development Leads, Developers, and Scrum Masters
- Break down detailed specifications and implement testing requirements based upon the needs of the product team, stakeholders and clients
- Motivate and manage the QA engineering team, supporting and mentoring, acting by example and leading from the front with the QA Manager
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner in a highly scalable development environment
- Contribute ideas to improve testing process and overall development practices
- Work with the SCRUM Master and Development Leads to coordinate within SCRUM meetings with the product team/stakeholders, ensuring all relevant information to the test team and project are shared and discussed
- Conduct test case reviews alongside the QA Manager
- Mentor and manage the QA Engineers
- Lead meetings with the test team and product team/stakeholders in English
To succeed in the Deputy QA/Test Manager (Automation) - Remote Work job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively with professionals in the internal matrix, have excellent communication skills, leadership skills, accountability, and the ability make responsible decisions.
- Degree relevant to information technology/computer science, engineering (or equivalent) and at least six to eight years of relevant work experience preferably acting as a Deputy QA Manager (or QA Manager) in a previous role looking after a minimum of four QA Engineers
- Experience in functional and performance testing, sanity testing, black/white box testing, static testing, positive and negative testing, security testing
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases and performing testing
- Experience in load/stress testing (JMeter, LoadRunner, LoadStorm)
- Experience using build performance testing tools and platforms
- Participate in quality assurance activities including but not limited to estimation, test planning, test design, performance testing, test execution
- Familiarity with development technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, TypeScript, C++ (from a testing POV)
- Experience with collaborative team software tools (Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint)
- Passion for product quality/attention to detail in uncovering hard to find scenarios and bugs
- Very good written and verbal communication level in English
This start-up company is deemed to be one of the fastest growing financial services institution in the region.
If you possess a high level of integrity, professionalism, driven, and determined, this is the role for you as great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Deputy QA/Test Manager (Automation) - Remote Work job.
Apply now or contact me to discuss this opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.