Here Are Few Resources That Provide a Look Into Appriss, And Specifically Appriss Retail
The Appriss Retail DevOps team is looking for an experienced database engineer, with a passion for delivering high performance software, to help optimize our organization's databases. We deliver software-as-a-service solutions used by leading retail chains across the world — 39 of the Top 100 retailers rely on one or more of the Appriss Retail solutions to prevent fraud, improve customer experience, detect and remediate employee fraud and improve operational processes. Ability to interact with customers and technical teams is required.
- Life at Appriss
- Overview of Appriss Retail
Appriss Retail’s DevOps team is looking for a hands on and enthusiastic Database Engineer to help ensure the quality, performance and stability of our service, application features, and site reliability. The candidate is an enthusiastic and reliable professional. This role will report to the Engineering Manager (based in London).
- Assist in design and development of database systems.
- Optimize and enhance database systems for performance and reliability
- Perform database maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Test and debug scripts, programs and resolve conflicts
- Develop functions, scripts and stored procedures to support application development.
- Provide technical assistance to resolve all database issues related to performance.
- Monitor performance, capacity and security of database systems
- Knowledge of best practices in database management and experience in a similar role
- Manage day-to-day tasks in coordination with developers and stakeholders to meet deliverables
- Support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration and performance.
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering
- Liaise with DevOps and users to ensure issues are communicated and resolved efficiently.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Confident & clear communicator, written & verbal. First class interpersonal skills.
- Desire to find the root cause of issues, exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Interest and experience in technology with hands on technical skills
- Ambition to learn and progress.
- Passion to produce quality through their work.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Large scale data warehousing
- Application databases
- Partitions, column store, recursive CTE, application generated dynamic SQL
- Postgresql experience desirable but not required
What We Can Offer a Candidate
- Competitive salary and performance linked annual bonus.
- Exposure to the latest technologies, analytical and data innovations.
- An exceptional candidate has the opportunity for advancement globally within Appriss.
- Fun and friendly work environment where the team is rewarded for success.
- Opportunities for international travel.
- Training, latest tooling, Azure Credits, high spec development laptop.
To find out more about us, visit us here https://apprissretail.com/ .
The Appriss Retail engineering team is spread across 4 countries and we are a DevOps first team. This position is open to the London or Louisville office. We are remote-work friendly.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H