Who we are: Textile Exchange is a global non-profit working to help the fashion and textile industry transform fiber and material production by working with a robust membership of brands, retailers and suppliers to accelerate the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
What we do: In short, we build a community that can collectively accomplish what no individual or company can do alone. We develop, manage, and promote a suite of leading industry standards, as well as collect and publish critical industry data and insights that enable brands and retailers to measure, manage, and track their use of preferred fiber and materials.
How we do it: With a robust membership representing leading brands, retailers, and suppliers, Textile Exchange is positively impacting the climate through accelerating the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
Climate+: With our new Climate+ strategy, Textile Exchange is the driving force for urgent climate action on textile fiber and materials with a goal of 45% reduced CO2 emissions from textile fiber and material production by 2030. By benchmarking the industry and providing actionable tools for improvement, Textile Exchange is driving a race to the top.
Working at Textile Exchange: We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. Diverse group of advocates and activists committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each TEam member is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
Textile Exchange is seeking an experienced Data Solution Architect to develop and maintain our Enterprise Data Solution. The ideal candidate must have strong technical skills and proven experience in similar capacity that covers TOGAF in the cloud environment and have the ability to evaluate/incorporate emerging technology.
- Lead the development and maintenance of Enterprise Data Solution covering:
- TOGAF conceptual, logical and physical architecture modeling
- Data modeling for OLOP, OLAP and OLTP
- Master data management printless
- Reporting architecture / semantic layer design
- Data as a Service architecture
- Data ingestion / integration / ETL
- Enterprise data management principles
- Multi-cloud MAAG experience
- High level enterprise architecture
- Manage activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Manage the technical team and external consultants and solution providers for the overall technical delivery of a target state Enterprise Data Solution to support organizational vision, mission and strategic direction.
- Ensure designs adhere to the strategic design governance framework
- Maintain an overall view of current and future state technology architecture
- Define and manage KPIs
- Communicates the architecture to stakeholders and/or facilitate technical workshops
- Perform QA of proposed design solutions
- Ensure key business risks are fully understood, controlled and mitigated
- Ensure key controls are tested and maintained
- Address business-critical break-fix engineering needs and other minor updates across an Enterprise Data Solution Stack as needed including:
- Data pipelining (SQL, Databricks, Data Factory, Azure functions)
- HTTP/s & API development / maintenance
- Cloud configuration / non-functional Azure environment configuration
- Database / Blob / GEN2 data storage design
- Reporting (PowerBI)
- A minimum of 8 - 12 years’ experience as a solution architect or similar capacity
- Experience in solutioning cloud based TOGAF Enterprise Data Solution, preferably Azure
- Proven skills in data architecture (OLOP, OLAP and OLTP), cloud architecture, enterprise integration architecture, analytic architecture and enterprise data management principles
- Skillsets required to address business-critical break-fix engineering needs and other minor updates
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a reputable university in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues and complex solutions to non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational, analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Contract full time position (40 hours per week)
- Compensation range: US $70,000 – 95,000 per year
- Work from home, virtual/remote (flexible working hours is a must due to difference in international time zones).
- Textile Exchange is currently unable to provide sponsorship for work permits. Candidates need to have existing right to work in nominated working location.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.