Textile Exchange is seeking an experienced Data Governance Coordinator to administer data governance framework for data policies, standards, and practices across programs and functional units, as well as master data management including data inventory and performance metrics. The candidate must be proficient at data governance and management principles and enjoy affecting change to improve the data literacy and quality.
· Responsible the administration of an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on the improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive and confidential data
· Support the development and administration of policies and procedures, processes and standard
· Responsible for master data management including data inventory, business metrics and key performance indicators mapping and interdependencies
· Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability
· Define data performance and quality metrics and ensure conformance with policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
· Preparation and administration of the data governance committee meeting
· Monitor and track data quality issues, identify gaps, and apply action plans to remediate gap
· Ensure that data quality is assessed and evaluated as an integral part of new solution developments
· A minimum of three years’ experience in data quality management, information architecture, and governance design and implementation, within an internal data governance team or professional services consulting firm
· Proven track record in operating data governance programs and managing data assets across functions
· Demonstrated experience in developing and/or operationalizing data-based guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards across functions
· Experience with managing data inventory and performance metrics
· Experience in operational management and change management is a plus
· Bachelor's degree in relevant domain such as management information systems, information technology from an accredited university (master's or MBA degree preferred)
· Any data governance certification, applicable vendor or industry certification is preferred
· Proficiency in of data governance framework, data quality management and master data management principles
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
· Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques with attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a cross functional team
· Work from home, flexible working hours is a must due to difference in international time zones.
· Preferably Malaysia but global application is welcome.
· Contract full time position (40 hours per week)
· Work from home, virtual/remote (flexible working hours is a must due to difference in international time zones).
· Compensation range: US $25,000 – 40,000
· Textile Exchange is currently unable to provide sponsorship for work permits. Candidates need to have existing right to work in nominated working location.
ABOUT TEXTILE EXCHANGE
Textile Exchange is a global nonprofit that develops, manages, and promotes a suite of leading industry standards, as well as collects and publishes critical industry data and insights that enable brands and retailers to measure, manage, and track their use of preferred fiber and materials. With a robust membership representing leading brands, retailers, and suppliers, Textile Exchange is positively impacting the climate through accelerating the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry. With our new Climate+ strategy, Textile Exchange is the driving force for urgent climate action on textile fiber and materials with a goal of 45% reduced CO2 emissions from textile fiber and material production by 2030. By benchmarking the industry and providing actionable tools for improvement, Textile Exchange is driving a race to the top.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.