The Applications Development Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Accountable for all data products as well as designing and implementing both the tactical and strategic data.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for strategic data analysis, identifies both short term and long term vision, as well as make strategic recommendations and develop data displays that clearly communicate complex analysis.
- Defines the service model for each new incubated data product or data product set across the various businesses and regions.
- Prepares and presents key business cases underpinning strategic investment initiatives to maintain or build out the product capability.
- Participates in strategic business engagements to build the right level of data inclusion into all business forums below the top exec level.
- Plans and manages on-going product investment and activity in-line with defined portfolio balance, capacity and capability planning and development.
- Builds a product improvement & innovation pipeline for prioritization and build an initial view of the underlying commercial value and potential.
- Ensures current product landscape and architecture is mapped out, and deeply understood from a product origination point through fulfillment, processing, billing, servicing and revenue realization and reporting.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, master's degree preferred.
- 15+ years' experience in Data Analytics and MarTech / AdTech;
- Experience of designing, building, and deploying production-level data pipelines using tools from Hadoop stack;
- Experience of implementing MarTech/AdTech mixing with experience products(Salesforce, Adobe, etc.) and in-house products;
- Experience of implementing real-time streaming services such as Kafka, Flink, etc.
- Experience with data governance, metadata management, data lineage, data tracing and monitoring;
- Experience in implementing data strategies and developing conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Familiarity with machine learning implementation and other advanced analytics technologies;
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Cognos, Arcadia, Tableau;
- Experience with cloud data solutions like RedShift, Snowflake or Big query;
- Experience with MarTech solutions like Omni-Channel Experience, DMP, Social Media Integration;
- Experience managing global technology teams, and effective on large and remote team management;
- Strong software development experience in cloud orchestration/management products with working knowledge of orchestration platforms like Kubernetes/Cloud Foundry.
- Expertise in Agile development methodology and great understanding of DevOps
- Demonstrated experience as a subject matter expert for Fixed/Mobile/Cloud service provider management and service orchestration across a broad suite of products.
- Strong understanding of OS (Linux), Hypervisors (KVM, Xen etc.), Linux Containers(Docker) is required
- Expertise in Microservices architecture and patterns.
- Solid back-end skills, ideally in Workflow/Rules Engine environment/Messaging environments like RabbitMQ, Kafka, Akka and experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis is required.
- Experience with CI/CD process and familiarity with tools like Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar is desirable.
Job Family Group
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting