Neo4j is the leader in graph database technology. As the world’s most widely deployed graph database, we help global brands – including Comcast , NASA , UBS and Volvo – to reveal and predict how people, processes and systems are interrelated. Using this relationships-first approach, applications built using Neo4j tackle connected data challenges such as analytics and artificial intelligence , fraud detection , real-time recommendations and knowledge graphs .Our Vision
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
We are looking for an exceptional, driven, hands-on, and customer-obsessed technical support engineer to form the foundation of our Database as a Service (DBaaS) Support team. The DBaaS Support team’s primary responsibility is to diagnose, debug and resolve customer-reported issues related to Neo4j’s DBaaS product. This role will work directly with customers, as well as with internal organizations such as cloud operations, product management, and development teams, exercising diverse skills needed to delight customers. This is a new and expanding offering from Neo4j. As such, leadership and rapid career progression opportunities exist for the right candidate.Responsibilities
- Build and maintain DBaaS support-related processes, procedures and policies
- Curate a customer-facing knowledge base to enable self-service issue resolution
- Collect, analyze and report on DBaaS Support KPIs, maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Drive operational improvements by collecting and analyzing both metrics and customer feedback on a continual basis
- Able to work additional hours, provide regular on-call support during evenings, weekends and public holidays on an on-call rotation basis. Additional compensation will be provided for on-call support and weekend coverage, consistent with company policy.
- Lead customer communications when dealing with highly sensitive issues
- Consult with Neo4j management in directing resolution of critical customer situations
- Proactively contribute to increasing the team efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools/utilities
- Define and implement process automation using commercially available and open source tools
- Learn, coach, and share knowledge and skills with other Neo4j team members.
- Participate in cross-functional teams, including offshore partners, to deliver world-class support to clients
- Stay at the cutting edge of technology-enabled support, turning it into a competitive advantage for Neo4j
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the field is required
- 5+ years hands-on experience in customer support involving database in Unix/Linux environment
- 3+ years in one or more of the following areas is preferred: DBaaS, IaaS, PaaS middleware
- Knowledge of or familiarity with graph databases highly desired
- Strong understanding of system administration support of operations, working knowledge of storage technologies, virtualization support, and architectural experience
- Excellent client interactive skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems or identify acceptable workarounds.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with a great degree of independence requiring minimal direction.
Why Join Neo4j?
Neo4j is among the 20 most popular databases in the world and the clear leader in the rapidly emerging Graph Data Platform category . We’re well funded and have an experienced management team focused on how organizations should apply data to solve challenging problems for decades to come. We have customers in every industry across the globe, and we build technology that has a proven product/market fit. Joining our team is an opportunity to define the future of data, analytics and automation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, engaging virtual events and a welcoming team. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company with our U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California. We have employees located all over the world, from Thailand to Canada, many of whom work remotely, and we have offices in Sweden (Malmo and Stockholm), the UK (London) and Germany (Munich).
More information at www.neo4j.com .Neo4j Values
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
We value relationships
We focus on user success
We thrive in a culture that is open and inclusive
We assume positive intent
We welcome intellectually honest discussions
We deliver on our commitmentsDiversity, Equity And Inclusion At Neo4j
At Neo4j, we value relationships and that involves building an environment where everyone feels like they belong. We believe strong relationships involve being accountable, bringing our whole selves to work, valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives. One of our central goals is to provide an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.Are you intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above.
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the privacy notice regarding Neo4j's recruitment process to understand how we will handle the personal data that you provide.