Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
We are scouting for a transactional lawyer with regional experience in the APAC region to look after general corporate matters with a focus in M&A transactions and restructuring.Responsibilities
- Drive the development and implementation of group legal strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s general business strategy. Provide proactive, in-depth, business focused advice and counsel.
- Manage legal efforts in response to matters encountered by the company and internal stakeholders and provide sound and robust legal advice and support; and taking charge of external communication on legal matters including negotiation with external parties where needs.
- Assist in transactional activities including M&A, restructuring and even JV in the APAC jurisdiction.
- Assist in negotiation of contracts for different business lines in the ecosystem, and support in a variety of transactional and corporate governance initiatives.
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing legal documents and provide holistic risk assessment and suggestions to enhance business value while mitigating downside risk across multiple areas of the company.
- Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on legal matters of varying complexity, sensitivity, and tangibility.
- Provide legal business partner training and counsel non-Legal associates to enable stronger legal acumen across the company.
- Anticipate and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current laws relevant to your own substantive area to provide strategic advice and foster compliance.
- Identify legal framework developments, align and promote consistency of approach in legal matters between the internal stakeholders.
- Take prudent risks within the context of the overall business, and advise and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Qualified lawyer of a common wealth jurisdiction or in one of Asia's jurisdictions.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of post qualification experience working in-house at a reputable organisation.
- Strong team player and good business sense.
- Ideally trained in a reputable law firm within the corporate practice with a transactional focus, ie M&A/PE/VC
- Restructuring and Fund Raising experience is also required
- Possesses solid legal technical expertise as well as sound business and people judgement sense.
- Hands on at work and can be independent in managing complex projects.
- Can develop relevant and creative solutions to meet current and evolving business needs.
- Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and ideally in an Asian language.
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire