TERMS OF REFERENCE: COMMUNICATIONS AND DONOR RELATIONS INTERN
Organizational Unit: Private Sector Partnerships Service
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
Contract Type: Internship
Job title: Communications and Donor Relations Intern
Duration of the internship: Three (3) Monthswith possibility of extension up to (8) Months
Expected start date: 18 October 2021
Reports to: Private Sector Partnerships Associate
Background Information and Organizational Context
Established in 1950, UNHCR is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees. In more than five decades, UNHCR has helped more than 50 million people restart their lives. Today, UNHCR staff in 127 countries continue to help and protect millions of refugees, returnees, internally displaced and stateless people.
Based in the UNHCR office in Manila, Philippines, this is a unique opportunity to gain experience within the UN system as part of UNHCR's Private Sector Partnerships Service. This will be an excellent opportunity for someone with an interest in refugee issues to gain first-hand experience in fundraising communications.
We are looking for a skilled and proactive individual to complete a three-month internship assisting the PSP Philippines team.
This internship offers a unique opportunity to help build UNHCR’s fundraising, partnership and communication activities with the broader Filipino public as well as the private sector in the Philippines. The intern will be exposed to frequent liaison with UNHCR colleagues and, as appropriate, other colleagues amongst PSP’s global network.
We seek a dynamic and energetic individual with excellent communication skills and a strong interest in refugee issues as well amplifying the support of the private sector as a humanitarian player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the PSP unit in implementing communications and fundraising strategies for 2021 through creative content development.
- Produce creative content to acquire financial and non-financial supporters of UNHCR Philippines;
- Produce content for supporter engagement during the course of UNHCR Philippines’ campaigns;
- Produce creative content for social media and the UNHCR Philippines website;
- Ensure that all content production and development adheres to UNHCR Brand Guidelines.
- Assist in the production and mailing of printed communications to existing donors in a timely manner, including preparation of mailing list and coordination with suppliers.
- Assist in donor care and in-house telemarketing exercises as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as necessary.
- Be a recent graduate (preferred) or current student who has completed at least two years of undergraduate/graduate studies enrolled in any of these programmes: Marketing Communications, Communication Arts, Advertising or other related fields;
- Be available for 40 hours per week for a three-month period, reporting to the UNHCR Philippines Manila office. Note: UNHCR currently observes remote working arrangements amid the pandemic.
- Be a strong communicator with advanced writing skills and fluency in English and Filipino;
- Have strong organizing and project management skills;
- Have the ability to quickly understand instructions, asks for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time;
- Be proficient in standard MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Be proficient in video editing and video content production;
- Have graphic design and document formatting skills. Experience using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are essential.
- Experience in photography and videography are desirable.
How to Apply
- Send your complete application, including your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and P-11. Please indicate “Application: Communications and Donor Relations Intern” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications
- 4 October 2021
- Early applications are appreciated. We process applications as soon as received, which benefits applicants submitting before the deadline.