Board of Innovation is an independently owned business design and innovation strategy firm. We have a hybrid work policy that allows us to attract the best talent. Our hubs are located in Antwerp, Amsterdam, New York, and Singapore but our talent is globally distributed. This diversity allows our business designers to uniquely help the world's largest organizations navigate fundamental shifts. And we do this by developing growth strategies, innovation capabilities, and new businesses with many of the world's largest organizations (have a look at our cases here).
Over the past 10 years, Board of Innovation has worked with large corporates and Fortune 500s, both B2B and B2C (like Roche, Novartis, Johnson & Johnson, AB Inbev, Adidas, Philips, Danone, ING, Unicef, Toyota, Almarai and many more) to navigate transformational shifts.
Our team in APAC is looking to bring a commercial director on board to support the further growth in the region.
About The Team & Culture
Board of Innovation was founded in 2009 in Antwerp (Belgium). While we mainly work remotely these days we are a closely-knit team and we're looking for someone who thrives in our culture. If the following statements resonate with you please keep on reading!
- Be entrepreneurial - We take ownership and get things done.
- Raise the bar - We aim to set the standard by working smarter, not harder.
- Help each other - We genuinely help others to shine and be amazing. No ego.
- Make it matter - We focus on what will have the biggest impact. No theatre.
In the role of commercial director, you will be working closely together with our Managing Director in APAC (William) and our Principal Consultant (Carolina) as well as some of our Senior Innovation Consultants like Darren.
As a Commercial Director, you will:
- Own the relationship with (3-5) of our most promising clients. (Typically Fortune 500)
- Create and manage a predictable account growth pipeline, through active (online or offline) networking.
- Build ambitious account strategies with the principal consultants and Managing Director
- Collaborate daily with Principal Consultants to understand the client needs and ensure strong client relationship management
- Grow our ongoing projects into large long term partnerships (typical deal size +100K - 1M SGD)
- Be responsible for account growth targets
- Ensure a consistent inflow of large opportunities at key clients (i.e. RFPs) and ensure conversion that leads into continued growth with our key clients.
- Create & present compelling proposals with team members.
- Drive the creation of account growth materials/tools to drive & scale APAC
We would need you to have:
- A proven track record of achieving (+1 M SGD) account sales in strategy / innovation consulting / professional services in APAC (no product sales!)
- Experience in managing and growing key accounts
- Native English - other languages are a bonus!
- A strong interest in growth strategies and business design for Fortune 500 companies
- A deep understanding of the concerns a business executive may have, and you can navigate easily through corporate structures
- Prior experience in innovation consulting
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: an authentic, humble personality, a no-nonsense approach, a relentless drive to learn, an open mindset, an entrepreneurial attitude, a true team spirit (no ego!) and you share our ‘make it matter’ mentality
It would be nice if you have:
- Innovation Consultancy experience(!)
- Healthcare and/or CPG consulting experience
- You enjoy being part of a global innovation consultancy working for some of the biggest brands in the world (like J&J, AB Inbev, United Health Group, Nestlé, General Mills, Philips, Danone, Unicef, Toyota and many more).
- You look for a place where you can be your whole self, and become part of a highly talented, ambitious, international, and diverse team (+30 different nationalities and counting!)
- You are eager to build a global professional network through our offices and clients worldwide (New York, Singapore, Antwerp, Amsterdam)
- You will get a very interesting remuneration package with a nice bonus on top if you achieve your targets
- Every year, we gather our colleagues from around the world for a week of team bonding, workshops, strategy sessions, and unwinding - we call it ‘Summer Office’.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce with Hubs in Belgium (Antwerp), the United States (New York) and Singapore.
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be anywhere from where it’s comfortable to work within Singapore Standard Time.
- Contract or payroll? We’re open to discuss both options. In countries where we don’t have a legal entity we can provide compliant payroll and contracts through our global EOR partner.
Board of Innovation recognizes the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Interested? Read more about our culture, mission and values!