The role is predominately a PreSales role, an intrinsic part of the Sales team and have a focus on positioning Oracle’s Cloud Technology Solutions and License at the Enterprise Account transformation project. Common customer opportunities and projects will include but are not limited to Cloud adoption, Database consolidation, Data Strategy, Analytics initiatives and Customer Experience management.
Good commercial sense is a key requirement, as we aim to grow our presence, presenting our solution should always reflect the immediate and long term benefit for our customers. A pro-active attitude is a key characteristic that we are looking for.
As a Cloud Architect you have the chance to develop in a very broad spectrum, ranging from product expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge.
- Provide support as Cloud Architect to a Cloud Account Sales Executive, to identify the best Oracle Cloud solution for their customer's business needs and to position Oracle’s Cloud Strategy and Solutions as key differentiator in sales cycles
- Be a trusted advisor for the customer at 360 degrees: once customer agrees on adopting an Oracle Cloud Solution and subscribe it, Cloud Architect continues to work with customer after the deal is booked to be sure that identified solution is used at full capacity with customer satisfaction
- Maintain a continuous technical relationship with the customer
- Become the technical solution expert for a designated solution area
- Engage with customers by translating their business needs into appropriate Oracle solutions
- Present and articulate features and benefits of Oracle technology solution to business and technical customers
- Create and deliver presentations, customized demonstrations, seminars and workshops to customers and partners, as well as public events
- Setting up and leading diverse teams (local / remote, technical / non-technical profiles), in order to address high-profile sales engagements from a pre-sales point of view
- Design, plan and deliver Solution Demonstrations, Proofs of Concept and Benchmarks.
- Contribute technical responses for Invitations To Tender (ITT), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- Define infrastructure architectures and solution proposals, using Value Selling techniques;
- Recognize and communicate opportunities to up sell based on solutions insight
- Keep abreast of all new products, market trends, future directions and the competition for areas of focus
- Maintain up to date, relevant knowledge of competitive solutions and winning strategies;
- Actively develop product expertise
- Ongoing education and training of the sales force on Oracle technologies and solutions;
- Document and share lessons learned and best practices
- Collaborate with other pre-sales teams to drive business results, enhance win rates and better customer propositions
- Operate in line with all Oracle processes and procedures.
We are looking for a professional with solid experience as Cloud Solution Architect, able to understand the customer issues in their journey to Cloud.
Knowledge and background in Cloud Architecture (IaaS &PaaS), Cloud Native applications and Microservices would be our target. And specific Oracle technology solution offerings and licensing would be appreciated.
- AWS and/or Azure certifications is Mandatory, OCI certifications will be a plus
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of AWS/GCP/Azure services is a must. Oracle OCI services and Oracle PaaS services, including Oracle databases, would be plus
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, as well as be a strong contributor in a team environment
- Natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
- Good understanding of the IT market/trends
- Creative, innovative and analytical thinker with a proven ability to translate complex business needs into feasible, valuable solutions
- Effective at communicating with excellent presentation skills
- Good at building strong relationships within Oracle, with partners and with key stakeholders in customers
- Strong at planning and organizing with a very good ability to meet project deadlines
- Knowledgeable of sales methodologies, processes and disciplines and have the ability to positively contribute towards sales processes
- Results orientation, not satisfied until the job is done with the right quality
- Initiative, signaling areas for improvement and propose suggestions pro-actively
- Energetic, driven, and positive personality
- High degree of personal motivation, enthusiasm and commitment
- Passionate for technology