Rakuten Travel Xchange is a hotel distribution service providing travel retailers around the world with easy access to hotel rates and inventories through a single source. Travel businesses will be able to manage their entire hotel inventory needs from a single API connection, via a tailored web portal or template solutions, or its Travel Agent Portal, without spending valuable resources on integrating multiple supply partners.
The main tools we leverage today for our Accommodation API include Golang, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, and Jenkins with most thing items running on Google Cloud Engine.
The Cloud Architect is a key stakeholder in designing and implementing the next generation of Infrastructure for the Company.
We are primarily interested in finding the right people, and this position can be either remote or based in our Singapore HQ. Please state your preference in your application. Compensation in line with local market conditions.
- Design the next-generation Architecture and hybrid deployments.
- Contribute to the reengineering of operational procedures to suit a more nimble operational delivery model.
- Drive consistent, manageable architectures that leverage various cloud technologies.
- Lead technical architecture and application design discussions with IT operations to drive cloud implementations.
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring enterprise architecture compliance.
- Work with other stakeholders to understand the enterprise strategies and to translate them into technical solutions for relevant business outcomes.
- Develop solution strategy vision roadmaps, including developing short, medium, and long-term milestones to achieve the vision.
- Facilitate consensus for strategic solutions among stakeholders.
- Participate in the design of Infrastructure as Code toolings such as Terraform and Ansible
- Create design artifacts
- Participate in Agile methodologies to plan and deliver solutions
- Assist Engineering with Implementation Activities
- Expert level understanding of Cloud Computing: Network principles, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Experience in designing strategic roadmaps for cloud solutions, migrations, greenfield applications, and cloud-native deployments at scale for large enterprises.
- Possess a logical mindset and be skilled at solving challenges in a directed, methodical manner, analyzing the current issue to envision creative solutions.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, and other Infrastructure as Code Tools
- Experience with a modern SDLC Software Stack
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief, or age.