Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2021. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive business partner to our clients and suppliers, designing and implementing the unique supply chain solutions that will propel our clients’ businesses forward. As a member of the Global Client Solutions Team, your mission will be to proactively grow our client relationships by building and implementing solutions to their critical supply chain challenges.
In every role at Flexport we balance high levels of tactical performance (convergence and scalability) with high levels of adaptive performance (divergence and problem solving) – it means we are constantly learning and finding ways to improve. In this role, adaptive performance is essential to helping our clients understand and realize Flexport’s value proposition.
The Client Solutions Manager will own the long-term client relationship, improving and growing the client’s business by identifying and implementing new and enduring global trade solutions to drive the client’s business forward.
- You will use your advanced knowledge of the client’s business goals, the industry, and Flexport’s services and solutions to proactively close and deliver new solutions that empower the client and deepen the client relationship.
- You will serve as the client’s trusted advisor, advocating for their needs with internal stakeholders and finding win-win solutions for the client and for Flexport.
- You will use regular client touchpoints and business reviews to help clients understand the value they are realizing and to capitalize on new opportunities to deepen the relationship.
- You will work cross-functionally – across Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, Implementation, Industry SMEs, and Trade and Financial Services teams – to develop and execute on the client strategy in a deliberate way that maximizes the client’s outcomes.
- You will stay up-to-date on the latest industry and supply chain developments, so that you can proactively educate and support your clients through change.
- You will proactively monitor the client’s health to identify opportunities to improve client outcomes and ensure that Flexport meets its business objectives.
- With the support of Client Solutions Associates, you will help the client improve operational processes and streamline its supply chain.
- You will ensure high product adoption by mastering teaching the Flexport platform to help your clients get the most out of their Flexport experience.
- You will have constant opportunities to learn by attending and participating in account management meetings, training seminars, and workshops.
Local Sales Building
The Client Solutions Manager will have the unique opportunity to build our local sales book out at Flexport and nurture a small team towards growing our portfolio of Singapore business.
- You will be accountable for identifying and growing local sales leads.
- You will programmatically grow interest in Flexport and show the power of our technology to existing clients in Sinagapore.
- You ideally have an existing network within Singapore that could be interested in our service and solutions.
- You are entrepreneurial and in addition to selling you are passionate about owning the end to end operations and implementation with the clients.
Here Are Some Of The Tactical Responsibilities For This Role
Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail.
- After the initial client onboarding and solution adoption, you will own the client strategy. You will decide, document, and implement the long-term plan for Flexport to deliver for the client.
- You will understand and develop pricing strategies to drive profitability and growth. You will monitor the client’s performance and profitability over time, and work with the client to ensure a win-win relationship.
- You will serve as a critical operational expert during the client’s onboarding experience, ensuring that the client’s success criteria are accurately translated into standard operating procedures for the Supply Chain Operations team.
- You will identify and create new revenue opportunities by selling new Flexport solutions and services that empower our clients.
- You will demo Flexport’s value and service offerings for new stakeholders to ensure that the client realizes the full Flexport value.
- You will perform core account management activities to ensure excellent client outcomes, such as defining and refining the customer’s success criteria, responding to customer escalations, maintaining an accurate client forecast, and reporting on customer financial health.
- You will ensure that the client meets their financial agreements, managing credit and collections.
- You will respond to complex client escalations.
- You will need to acquire new clients through different channels including but not limited to MDR inbounds, network referrals, and facilitate their continuous growth by presenting Flexport’s product and service, and selling the value of technology in the logistics industry through remote and in-person meetings as the account and/or opportunity owners.
- You will manage a book of business where you and your team will own the long-term client relationship, improving and growing the client’s business by identifying and implementing new and enduring global trade solutions to drive the client’s business forward. You will also use regular client touch points and business reviews to help clients understand the value they are realizing and to capitalize on new opportunities to deepen the relationship.
What you will need
- 5-8 years of experience in sales or account management roles, or equivalent relevant internal experience
- Working knowledge and experience of the local Singapore market - specifically a working knowledge and network for selling freight in Singapore.
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (strongly preferred)
- You have existing experience in selling and a well developed network of regional HQ and local decision makers in Singapore
- Entrepreneurial mindset. You love building and scaling and the process of growing things from the ground up.