Shopify is a platform built for independent business owners of all shapes and sizes to start, sell, market and manage their businesses online, in-store, and everywhere between. With a comprehensive set of industry-leading tools, Shopify has helped over 1,000,000 people in 175 countries take control of where they take their businesses. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify has worked with brands like Unilever, Gymshark, Allbirds and countless others that started with nothing but an idea, a passion, or a purpose.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.Job Description
We are currently hiring for a Bilingual Customer Service Team Lead to start in late 2021. Please note that this position is currently only open to Singaporeans.
We’re looking for a Bilingual Customer Service Team Lead to lead 8 -10 Support Advisors (customer support agents) on our remote Support call center team in Singapore. As a Team Lead you will lead a team on a rotating schedule that includes weekends and holidays. You will be responsible for the performance of your team who use chat, email and phone calls to interact with our merchants. We operate in a complex environment that is constantly changing and it’s up to you as a lead to guide your team towards our mission statement of “Making Commerce Better for Everyone”. Along with the rest of our Support team, this is a work-from-home position based in Singapore.As a Team Lead, You Will
- Coach your team to be high-performing and impactful for our merchants.
- Utilize all the tools and data points available to leverage your team's strengths and work on their weaknesses.
- Meet regularly with your peers and your Lead in 1-1 meetings to discuss Shopify’s Customer Support, brainstorm coaching/techniques and provide a supportive culture.
- Impact and help drive the success of the remote teams in Singapore as we continue to scale and grow support.
- Execute performance management, impact assessments and people development to deliver high-impact.
- Leverage your expertise in leadership and/or subject-matter expertise to provide mentorship, guidance, and feedback to others.
- Maintain relationships and collaborate effectively with relevant stakeholders.
Requirements For The Role
- 3+ years leadership experience (Team Lead, Supervisor, or Manager) in Customer Service, Retail, Technology and/or Contact Centre environments.
- Customer service team lead for both English and Japanese speaking merchants. Proficiency in both English and Japanese is a must.
- Must have experience in coaching, mentoring, or managing customer support advisors to improve both team performance and customer satisfaction rates.
- High level of self-awareness and ownership that has resulted in high growth for your support teams.
- Comfortable working from home and managing remote teams. Must have experience successfully managing geographically dispersed support teams.
- Have managed multiple projects and employees, leading to the growth of regional teams.
- Goal oriented and ability to motivate others.
- Have empathy and understand how to build trust and rapport.
- An effective and confident communicator and decision maker, and can voice your opinion, challenge ideas, and have tough conversations.
- Resourceful, self motivated and comfortable in ambiguity.
- Strong reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
- Existing knowledge using Shopify is a bonus.
- Be permanently residing in Singapore and be Singaporean.
- Flexible to work on a rotating schedule with rotating weekends and some holidays.
- Be comfortable and productive working from home.
- Have an appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space and stable internet connection.
- Have entrepreneurial or business experience (or a strong interest in it!).
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Please include a cover letter with your resume to tell us why you think this is the right role and the right time for you.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.