Shopify is a platform built for independent business owners of all shapes and sizes to start, sell, market and manage their businesses online, in-store, and everywhere between. With a comprehensive set of industry-leading tools, Shopify has helped over 1,000,000 people in 175 countries take control of where they take their businesses. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify has worked with brands like Unilever, Gymshark, Allbirds and countless others that started with nothing but an idea, a passion, or a purpose.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.Job Description
We are currently hiring Bilingual Customer Service Specialists to start in late 2021. Please note that this position is currently only open to Singaporeans.
We are looking for Bilingual Customer Service Specialists to help our ever growing diverse merchant (users of Shopify) base. Our merchants have amazing stories filled with highs and lows, frustrations, and triumphs. It is in these moments and many in between that you would make an impact.
Being a Customer Service Specialist (Support Advisor) at Shopify is a rewarding and challenging opportunity to make an impact while supporting our Merchants.Your responsibility will be to provide high-quality customer service over phone calls, chats and emails. Within a supportive environment you will work to listen, support, problem-solve and explore growth opportunities with Shopify Merchants.Responsibilities
- Adhere to a daily schedule that includes a mix of: Phones, three (3) simultaneous chats, and emails.
- Ensure quick response time and answer tickets within the same day.
- Act as a business coach and think about the merchant’s business holistically when offering solutions.
- Complete essential follow-up documentation after each interaction.
- Engage in human conversations with merchants to identify and resolve issues through coaching.
- Ensure privacy and security practices are followed at all times for both merchants and Shopify.
- Offer needs-based solutions, not pushy sales.
- Advocate for merchants and the Shopify platform by communicating with stakeholders.
- Own your own development through reviewing past interactions and preparing to discuss growth opportunities with your lead in regular 1:1 meetings.
- Be permanently residing in Singapore and be Singaporean.
- Customer service specialist for both English speaking and Chinese merchants. Proficiency in all three languages (English, Simplified Chinese & Mandarin) is a must.
- 3+ years experience as a customer service representative in a contact centre, retail or service environment.
- Proven record of working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Have appropriate remote work set-up - such as a quiet space and stable internet connection.
- Have access to a wired internet speed of at least 25 Mbps download speed and 10 Mbps upload. You can check your speed here.
- Ability to be resourceful and find solutions even when there is no clear path.
- Proficiency with technology paired with excellent typing skills.
- Willingness to learn all about entrepreneurship and enjoy human conversations.
- Possess high level of patience and empathy to navigate difficult conversations.
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.