At Glints, we are building the #1 tech-enabled recruitment and career discovery platform in Southeast Asia that helps people and organisations realise their human potential by joining great organisations, learning the right skills and building great teams.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Engineering team, to work on our career progression and job marketplace product, which helps young professionals in Southeast Asia develop career skills, learn from a community, and secure jobs.
Why This Job Is Awesome
You will be entrusted to lead and develop product features, and eventually epics, with the engineering team; as well as work collaboratively with product managers and product designers to actively shape product ideas. You will also lead and introduce technical standards or practices that ensure quality, enable iterations, and save the team time in the long run.
Over here at Glints, we emphasize cross-functional teamwork and user feedback a lot. Like 3-user-sessions-a-week level. More than technical wizardry, we're also looking for builders who want to make a tangible impact on our users' lives. Some Responsibilities Include
- Deliver features and fixes according to product needs reliably
- Building features with performance, reliability and security in mind
- Maintaining code quality through intentional architecture, documentation and code review
- Lead and contribute actively to technical and product discussions
- Champion and represent cutting-edge web technologies in product discussions to solve users' problems
- Participating in user interviews and usability tests
- Solid understanding of good software engineering practices (version control, code reviews, testing, refactoring, …)
- Well-versed in web performance, and has experience optimising it
- Experience in setting up, migrating and maintaining databases
- Good grasp of client-side technologies and can thus pick up frontend frameworks easily
- Practitioner of TDD and has good understanding of the testing pyramid
Our Tech Stack
- Experience in DevOps and in using the surrounding ecosystem of tools
- Experience in teaching and mentoring on technical skills and concepts
- Good grasp of security principles, and develops with a security-first mindset
- Sufficient business acumen to translate business problems into internal software solutions
Career growth potential for this role
The engineering team is on track to double in size in 2 years, thus opening up many pathways for progression. We offer both technical I/C and managerial paths, with both equally compensated at the same level of impact.
People you will work with
In this role, you will work closely with your fellow web developers and the product manager. Your direct manager will be either the CTO or his engineering managers, whose job is to support and unblock you in your work.
Let’s Realise Human Potential.
We have impacted many lives since we were founded in 2013, but there’s still plenty to be done. If you’re ready to grow and make an impact, you’ve come to the right place.
What is Glints?
Glints is an online talent recruitment and career discovery platform with the enduring purpose of contributing to a world where people and organisations can realize their human potential.
Our tech-enabled approach to recruitment and career discovery connects more than 1.5 million candidates to their next dream opportunities, has supported more than 30,000 companies in finding top talents, doubled recruiter efficiency, and has raised more than US$30M+ from best venture investors in Asia to date.
Our agility and firm hold on our core purpose and values have allowed us to remain resilient and thrive through tumultuous times, and we are proud to be recognised by LinkedIn as one of the Top 10 Startups in Singapore in 2020.
Who We Are
At Glints, personal and professional growth are just as important as business growth. That's why we created the Glints Culture Code: #RIIBCOH. It defines our values, guides our decisions and actions, and is what makes us special.
Relentlessly Resourceful: Whatever it takes, just make it happen (ethically)
Integrity: Have courage, be guided by the truth, don’t be afraid
Impact: Missionaries, not mercenaries
Beginners’ Mindset: Stay humble, don’t be attached to ego
Customer Obsessed: Customers First
Ownership: Care intensely about the mission and take responsibility
High Standards: Dream big and deliver epic outcomes fast
Where We Work
Glints operates in multiple locations across Greater Southeast Asia, including Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan and Malaysia.
Learn more about Glints and our culture at bit.ly/glintsculture.