GitLab is looking for a Backend Engineer for the Monitor Stage who will focus on building our Incident Management and Alerting functionality. In this role you will develop features to support infrastructure and software teams as they respond to incidents and outages.
The Monitor Stage works closely with infrastructure teams to understand what information they need at their fingertips to respond quickly and resolve incidents. A large portion of our work consists of developing new features. If you have experience as an SRE or have worked closely with SREs, you’ll have opportunities to influence the way our product works.Responsibilities
You Should Apply If You Bring
- Develop features and improvements to the GitLab product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Designers, Frontend Engineers and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team, and propose and implement solutions.
- Ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
You'll Stand Out If You Bring
- Professional experience with Ruby on Rails and GraphQL.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- Aspiration toward building our culture of communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of an organization.
- Share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor.
- Experience with database scaling.
Also, we know it's tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don't have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Hiring Process
- Our hiring process for this Backend Engineer position typically follows four stages. The details of this process can be found on our job family page .
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .
Remote-GlobalCountry Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we can hire.Your Privacy