Backend Developer for a clothing company based in Sydney, Australia
- Work from your comfortable home!
- They deliver user-friendly web and mobile ideas with exceptional attention to detail.
- Work with one of the growing clothing companies in Australia!
About The Company
The company was founded way back in 2012 and was born out of the belief that every girl should have access to on-trend and must-have wardrobe essentials that do not break the bank. Today, the team is made up of creative, passionate, and fun-loving individuals who occupy their warehouse and light-filled HQ in sunny Sydney, Australia. They are expanding overseas with additional offices in Los Angeles and Beijing, growing their team across borders to better serve their fans worldwide.
About The Role
The Backend Developer role will be vital to ensuring the business continues to effectively support and grow some of Australia's leading brands. Working with the CTO, you will be operating in an agile dev environment to provide scope analysis, planning, execution and completion of your various goals and tasks within each sprint.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Write clean well-designed code in a timely and scalable way.
- Produce detailed specifications or scope of works within tickets or documents to aid in the development of work not just for yourself but for others also.
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Maintenance of our internal servers for both Web Apps (like Magento) to smaller Business Apps (Shopify).
- Follow industry best practices.
- Develop and deploy new features or work on improving existing project code sets.
- Ensuring that solutions are both technically and commercially viable.
- Collaborative - You enjoy working cross-functionally, collaborating with UX Designers, Backend Developers, Product Managers, and Stakeholders. Besides, no man is an island, right?
- Adaptive - You thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments. You are someone who can work efficiently in a remote setup—not confined on what his/her current knowledge but willing to adapt to new technologies that the project requires. You can quickly turn the tables when things get rough!
- Smart – You are able to articulate complex technical decisions and problems to non-technical business stakeholders. You are also able to manage and prioritise workflow, communicating progress effectively. Driven by providing a great experience to our users and use this as a critical component of your decision-making.
- Inquisitive - Everyone is proud of the work there, but only a few people stay humble. We want professionals who always do 101% of their best but are still eager to learn, and their feet are always at the ground.
- Strong PHP Development – Can develop and structure their code so that it can be easily adapted to other solutions or other clients.
- Strong SQL experience – The ability to write complex, performant queries across large sets of data is essential.
- Understanding of command-line GIT processes
- Ability to manage Ubuntu and CentOS servers through SSH; specifically, the setup, configuration and maintenance of Apache, PHP, and MySQL. Knowledge and experience with AWS hosting are highly regarded.
- Knowledge of REST API and Soap API, ability to write modular code to support external services.
- In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Can work independently and problem solve difficult issues on the fly
- Strong Debugging Skills – Can diagnose issues with tools or scripting methods to replicate issues
Nice to have
- Magento or Shopify experience
- Object-Oriented Programming – A clear understanding of OOP or experience in any kind of backend development.
- SQL experience – A good understanding of or experience with SQL databases.
Other Key Expectations
- Communicate effectively through tickets or in-person to define solutions or to communicate resolutions to issues.
- Can review code and ensure the quality of code deployed is high and the solution is sound.
- Log all work accurately.
- Ensure all processes are followed correctly for documentation/GIT/communication.
- Provide reporting to the Team Lead related to the status of your tasks and work.
- Passion for development – someone who loves coding
- Open-minded and able to take on new ideas
- Always looking for improvement and striving to be the best
- Absolute attention to detail
- Strong, open communication skills – written and verbal
- High sense of priority and teamwork
- Someone who takes responsibility for work and does not make excuses when things go wrong
- HMO for yourself and one dependent within the first month
- 20 combined SL/VLs per year accrued from day one (you will have 10 accrued once you pass regularisation)
- Monthly social activities paid by the company– such as a watercolour workshop, board games, laser tag, escape room, team dinner, etc.
- 30 minutes early out Fridays (after regularisation, upon completing all your tasks for the week, and if you are on time during the week)
- Birthday cake on your birthday
- 6:00 am to 3:00 pm – Manila Time – Monday to Friday (Work from Home)
Click the Apply button, attach your CV, and complete the questionnaire! As this is an urgent requirement, if you want to fast track your application.
Powered by JazzHR