We are looking for an experienced back-end engineer with solid Laravel experience (min 3yrs)
Join our team and work on impressive web projects. From e-commerce to social apps and complex head-turning websites.
Why? Well, hear us out:
Kappa.London is a software development agency working with clients across Europe to deliver great digital experiences. A great share of attention is paid to freedom and a hands-on approach to decision-making, whilst a gripping environment with learning opportunities are welcome. We are a fun bunch of tech dudes and gals making an awesome impression on the market.
What you can expect from our work environment:
- Flexibility is a given, but comes with great responsibility.
- Be yourself. We wish for everyone to apply and develop their skills while being inquisitive, exploratory and taking initiative.
- You can never overdo communication. We always speak up and let our colleagues know what is crossing our minds. Sometimes it is surprising where great ideas can come from.
- Ownership is key. We are all motivated to get stuff done with a hands-on approach.
What makes us awesome?
Bryant.Dental - Making dentistry sexy
Zeelo.co - Uber for coaches
tipstips.tips - Tinder wingman
bloomd.com - social app for senior citizens
The role requires following:
- Good knowledge of English language, as we are an international team
- Supporting and troubleshooting existing client websites
- Preparing technical documentation and test plans
- Understanding the importance of maintainable code and coding standards
- Ability to be a team player and work independently too
- Willingness to learn and self-improve through feedback
- Strong ability to communicate via visual and verbal media
- Excellent time management skills
- Drive to produce excellent and creative work
- A can-do attitude towards work and a strong work ethic
If needed, our team can provide further training to extend your skills and the knowledge of mentioned technologies.
What we are after:
- Have a good understanding of HTML / CSS
- PHP - Must be very comfortable with it and have strong knowledge of this language
- Know at least one PHP MVC Framework
- Ideally, this framework is Laravel (a big plus, two pluses actually, we really need a Laravel guy) or Symfony (just a small plus)
- Other frameworks like CakePHP, Zend, CodeIgniter are ok (but we’ll need to train you in Laravel most likely)
- Have knowledge of SQL, specifically MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Have experience with Version Control (Git)
- Have some experience with Bash and Unix environments (generally we use Ubuntu 16.04 or later)
- Algorithmic experience is a plus as well
Competitive monthly salary based on your qualification and experience
Excellent Learning Opportunities
Killer Letter of Recommendation
Blessings and Goodwill
Further Career Guidance
Super Informal Dress Code (you can wear your jammies all day for what we care)