Assistant Vice President (AVP) role within SPDA-MASF to support the origination and execution of loan capital market opportunities in Asia Pacific (ex-Japan). SPDA-MASF originates and executes loans from LBO and M&A to PWM, structured and other sponsor-related transactions for financial sponsors, promoters, large- and mid-cap corporates, and high net worth individuals (HNWI) across Asia Pacific (ex-Japan).
· Assist in loan structuring and negotiation of term sheets/financing grids
· Independently prepare or review pitch books, RFPs, term sheets/grid responses, etc.
· Independently prepare or review financial models and other credit analysis work
· Independently manage and conduct due diligence
· Independently run internal credit process including preparation or review of internal discussion papers and credit applications, Q&A, etc.
· Assist in negotiation and review of loan documentation with the expectation of being able to manage this independently within a year
· Independently manage deal-related administration including execution of NDAs/NRLs, maintenance of databases, KYC and other related admin/compliance matters
· Support other strategic initiatives and perform other tasks as required/defined from time to time
Candidate Profile· 4 to 6 years of direct experience in a leading financial institution in leveraged finance, structured finance or other financing/advisory work involving financial sponsors
· University graduate with strong academic background
· Deep financial modelling experience and demonstrated financial/risk analysis skills
· Ability to draft or guide the drafting of internal discussion/credit papers, marketing pitches, etc.
· Good understanding of loan documentation
· Astute and possess a keen eye for detail, good credit sense and critical thinking/analytical skills
· Articulate with strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
· A team player but also independent and intellectually curious, self-motivated and resourceful
· Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise, manage and meet expectations/deadlines with strong work ethics, integrity and commitment