Are you an experienced Scientific Writer in a pharma or in a medical communications agency looking to accelerate your career in medical writing? It is an excellent time to join the Cactus Life Sciences team where we work with top 10 global pharma, biotech, and device companies, and help these organizations communicate their research to various stakeholders.
Why join CACTUS?
Cactizens make an impact.
- 100% Remote working
- Leave and Holidays
- Global Exposure
- Cross cultural exposure
- Flexi-time and much more!
Roles & Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of this role are creating scientific content (medical writing) and reviewing content for trainee writers (scientific review)
Medical Writing: You will use scientific expertise to independently develop scientific content for CACTUS’ Medical Affairs clients, including but not limited to MSL decks, scientific meeting materials, medical information materials, and HCP engagement content.
Medical Writing: Work with CACTUS’ medical directors to develop and execute strategic medical communications initiatives such as scientific communications platforms, medical communications plans, KOL engagement plans, meeting planning, etc.
Scientific Review: Review materials developed by in-house trainee scientific writers to ensure strategic alignment and scientific accuracy as needed.
Scientific Review: Train and mentor scientific writers by sharing best practices and client preferences; contribute to skill development of the writing team
- Ensure all materials follow/comply with client requirements/SOPs and CACTUS’ internal SOPs.
- Build and maintain strong professional client relationships while advising them on how to best implement their strategic and tactical plans.
- Provide proactive recommendations on improving scientific content and new document types/deliverables for the client.
- Work cross-functionally with in-house technology and creative teams on building innovative digital solutions for Medical Affairs clients, including digital HCP and patient engagement materials.
- Participate in client pitches and business development meetings as required.
- Ensure organic growth through delivery quality and client engagement.
Requirements (Desired skills & experience):
- PhD/MD (Pharmacology) OR PhD (Life Sciences) OR PharmD OR MPharm/M.Sc with a good understanding of clinical research and medical communication.
- Experience in creating Medical Communications content for Medical Affairs/Promo Med Ed, preferably within an agency or biopharma environment.
- Clear, concise, scientific style of writing, with a high level of attention to detail and excellent language skills.
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics.
- Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines.
- Strong editorial skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Exceptional time management skills
- Very strong quality focus in all aspects of work; experience with managing team quality will be a bonus
- Deep understanding of all aspects of medical communications and current with industry developments
- Experience in developing training curricula, instructional design, or e-learning content will be an added advantage
- Ability to work effectively with cross-culture teams spread across different time zones