This is a remote position.
About Our Client
They make learning support accessible and convenient so that tutoring can be booked at a time that suits each child’s schedule. Learning sessions take place live and online via our learning platform, which means students can log in from the comfort of home and work with their expert tutor without interrupting the family schedule.
All of their content is mapped to the Australian National Curriculum and is based on the unique learning needs of each individual. In this way, Cluey programs cover the topics each student is learning in class and specifically addresses each child’s challenges. All sessions are recorded and can be re-watched for future reference, and parents can see what their child has learned.
The role is mainly responsible for designing and building APIs on the Mulesoft platform to service Cluey core customer onboarding and tutors services that the wider Cluey business can leverage. In this role, you will deploy your expertise and experience with the MuleSoft product suite and will help form detailed requirements analysis, software design, development and testing to support the Cluey growth objectives.
- Define API specifications and develop API, prepare test data, and complete functional specifications for finished API.
- Design, document, and validate API solutions to problems of significant size and complexity.
- Partner with Product and UX leads to drive discovery, inception and execution of the Cluey technology vision.
- Partner with SaaS vendors to connect to 3rd party systems and expose them internally in a unified way
- Collaborating with various engineering and architecture leads to define the platform capabilities for a multi-service offering.
- Communicate to stakeholders on the progress of initiatives.
- Coach, mentor and help other engineers in the team to improve their skills, especially in terms of using MuleSoft and the API created.
- Be part of a Cluey engineering culture where teams take pride in the quality of the software we produce and its impact on our customers, tutors, and staff.
- Ensure the quality by implementing policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed.
- Resolving production incidents, implement changes, and identify risk liability.
- Recommending technological developments, automation, and process improvements to remove inefficiency.
- Experience as an API engineer or in a similar engineering role
- BS (MS desired) in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong background in API development of microservices.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern interfaces
- Experience in API security: technologies, vulnerabilities, best practices.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and teamwork skills.
- Domain expertise in education or educational software is desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER:
✔ Above-Industry Compensation Package
✔ Premium Healthcare Coverage and Life Insurance
✔ Fun Monthly Employee Engagement Activities
✔ Opportunities for Learning, Personality Development, and Career Advancement
✔ Work From Home Job Opportunity