Who We Are
Holistics makes it easy for both data and business teams to model and analyze their company data. We support over 200 fast-growing tech companies, including unicorns, across 30 countries. Our platform processes over 5 million analytics queries every month for over 5000 users globally.
Holistics Datasets help business teams understand and explore the data available for them to build their own reports without over-relying on their data team.
These datasets are built from Holistics Data Models, that simplifies work processes and reduces unnecessary repetitive work for data teams.
About This Role
You will take calls with prospects around the world to assess if Holistics can address their analytics use-cases.
You will be both the product expert, and work with our customers to help them get business value from using Holistics by onboarding them successfully.
This requires a good mix of technical acumen, problem discovery skills, and the ability to frame Holistics in a positive light.
We're looking for people who are hungry to learn.
You should be proficient with SQL.
Knowledge of the data space isn't necessary; we are happy to teach you about the ins and outs of the current landscape. (We wrote an acclaimed book about this, so we know what we're talking about!)
That said, it is a plus if you have some experiences in the data world. For instance, you could have worked as:
This role could be suitable for you if you have at least 3 years of working experience in any of the following roles
- SQL Data Analyst or Data Engineer where you have experience working on analytics requests from the business
- Customer-facing Business Operations, where you have experience using data to inform and automate business processes
- B2B Sales Engineer or Customer Success with a strong technical analytics skills
- B2B Sales Rep with technical aptitude to sell technical analytics products
- Any other background that fulfills the requirements below
Your core responsibilities will be to front interactions with the market, and help to share new market insights internally to help with inform our company's strategic decisions. This includes:
- Taking discovery video calls with prospects and customers around the world
- Providing software walk-through demos and technical onboarding session
- Updating CRM and meeting notes after the calls
You will be part of the growth team who's responsible to help customers evaluate, buy, and remain with Holistics. Besides your core responsibilities, you will also be helping to contribute to several cross-functional functional team areas
- Customer Service Duty: We rotate customer service duty across the entire growth team to help
- Docs Squad: Help the team contribute to public docs and guides to help answer commonly asked questions at scale.
- Pre-Sales: Help your colleagues address questions related to analytics or product use-cases
- Insights team: Conduct joint win-review and customer success calls with the marketing insights team
- Strong SQL skills for data analytics purposes. This is really important to us! We expect you to be able to use our product, and to conduct fairly technical demos with prospective customers. This demands some proficiency with SQL. We are willing to train you if your SQL is rusty (tell us during the interview!), but we do expect you to be willing to pick up SQL, and willing to write complex queries for breakfast.
- Enough technical acumen to understand concepts and trends in the data space. We'll educate you on developments in data and the broader 'analytics engineering' landscape, but you should be willing to learn about the entire industry!
- Excellent active listening and conversational skills
- Strong problem discovery and framing skills
- Strong communication and documentation/instructional writing skills
- Good-to-have: Experience with Git would be nice! We are working on several features that integrate with Git. If you don't have experience with Git, then we expect that you are willing to learn Git as part of the job. (And, again, we'll teach you).
- Remote Work: Ability to work remotely, and keep the team updated on your progress
- Ability to plan and set aside scheduled time-slots to cater for calls in US time-zones (this time will be considered as part of your total working hours). We currently operate in Asia but service multiple customers in the US and Europe. This means that team members often have to take calls at night, in order to fit into our customers's schedules. You'll expect to share in such responsibilities.
Learning more about Holistics
We have published a guidebook for data teams on how to set up the modern analytics stack in the cloud:
If you like to understand more about our platform, you can check out our docs here: https://docs.holistics.io
Holistics is the creator of the following tools and standards:
Why Join Holistics?
- Leverage your current expertise: Gain frontline market interaction exposure with data teams around the world
- Great product: Be associated with a software is ranked #2 globally for software usability by Gartner Frontrunner for business intelligence across over 280 BI tools.
- Revenue funded: Holistics is fully funded by customer revenue, and we are accountable to our customers. Some of our major customers include some of the top tech unicorns around the world.
- Sustainable: As a company, we are capital efficient, profitable, and have a good cash buffer. So we are sustainable from the unit economics perspective.
- Strong Product Vision: We have a clear product vision towards serving the analytics engineering niche (Analytics as-code, API-first)