For this position we are considering remote candidates and candidates who are based locally in Singapore.
Please note, all positions at Cake require relevant experience unless otherwise stated. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
In less than a year’s time, Cake has become one of the most well known platforms for helping customers to get cashflow for their cryptocurrencies in the most transparent way.
Are you looking to be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the blockchain industry and help to shape behaviour on how people are dealing with their finances in the crypto and blockchain world?
We are strong believers in the potential of DeFi, and we are working everyday to push the boundaries of DeFi and Bitcoin.We work independently, take ownership of our jobs, and are passionate about making a real impact in the world we live in.
What you'll do:
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting of company activities e.g. month end close. GL
- Preparation and upkeep of proper audit/balance sheet schedules
- Documentation of monthly bank/wallet reconciliation, and upkeep of bank/wallet journals.
- Prepare internal and external reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Support on audit & compliance work
- Support budgeting, forecasting, ad-hoc reporting and other tasks as assigned
- Work with other teams to improve overall processes
- Work on other accounting assignments
What you'll need:
- Possess an accounting degree from reputable university, or degree qualified with a CA/CPA qualification
- Min 2 to 5 years of hands-on experience in statutory reporting/audit gained as an accountant or auditor
- Min 3 years audit exp is a must. Big 4 auditor with strong crypto knowledge and/or FI background looking to branch out is welcome to apply.
- Passion for crypto industry
- Strong technical background and keen awareness of industry regulation update and news
- Good in numeracy and have strong analytical skills
- Meticulous and has a keen eye for details
- Highly self-driven, resourceful and organized
- The ability to think strategically and critically and act independently is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Why work with Cake:
- Do something with purpose; Be a part of the future that will shape on how people are dealing with their finances in Crypto and Blockchain
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International, diverse work environment and flat hierarchy
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, unlimited discretionary leave, casual work attire