Cara is a design studio and consultancy specialising in work for the arts and cultural sector. Through a research-led and detail-oriented approach, we work with museums, galleries, artists and brands to help them engage and expand audiences seamlessly across digital and traditional platforms. We are now looking for a highly motivated and creative Accounts Manager, with a strong business development profile, to join our team. Working closely with our director, creative team, freelancers and clients, you will be expected to not only manage existing accounts, but also develop and maintain new business opportunities. This is an exciting role for an individual from an agency background with a genuine interest working with clients from the arts, luxury and cultural sector.
Responsibilities and expectations
- Conduct research to identify new clients and customer needs and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Generate new business by negotiating contracts and closing agreements
- Serve as a point of contact for various account management matters, working closely with the creative team and the director
- Project management and support of existing projects, and identifying continued business opportunities within them
- Work closely with the director to build and develop the business development vision and strategy for the organisation
Qualifications and qualities
- Proven experience as in an accounts manager or business development role from a media/creative agency
- Market knowledge and interest in the arts, cultural and luxury sector (museums, galleries, luxury brands)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while
- Sharp attention to detail
- Understanding of what makes great work and what it takes to make it happen.
- Ability to solve and overcome delivery issues and challenges (i.e. time, resources, budget, capabilities) that meet clients’ and agency’s interests.
- Attention to details and robust follow through
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively