Workato is the only integration and automation platform that is as simple as it is powerful — and because it's built to power the largest enterprises, it is quite powerful.
Simultaneously, it's a low-code/no-code platform. This empowers any user (dev/non-dev) to painlessly automate workflows across any apps and databases.
We're proud to be named a leader by both Forrester and Gartner and trusted by 7,000+ of the world's top brands such as Box, Grab, Slack, and more. But what is most exciting is that this is only the beginning.
Why join us?
Ultimately, Workato believes in fostering a flexible, trust-oriented culture that empowers everyone to take full ownership of their roles. We are driven by innovation and looking for team players who want to actively build our company.
But, we also believe in balancing productivity with self-care. That's why we offer all of our employees a vibrant and dynamic work environment along with a multitude of benefits they can enjoy inside and outside of their work lives.
If this sounds right up your alley, please submit an application. We look forward to getting to know you!
Also, feel free to check out why:
- Business Insider named us an "enterprise startup to bet your career on"
- Forbes' Cloud 100 recognized us as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world
- Deloitte Tech Fast 500 ranked us as the 17th fastest growing tech company in the Bay Area, and 96th in North America
- Quartz ranked us the #1 best company for remote workers
Workato is the operating system for today's fast-moving business. As a high growth company with over 6000 customers, Workato is revolutionizing the integration and automation market with investments from the top 3 SaaS companies - Salesforce, Workday, ServiceNow. Recognized as a leader by both Gartner and Forrester, it is the only AI-based platform that enables both business and IT to integrate their apps and automate workflows across their enterprise with robust security and governance. Some of the world's top brands including Slack, Grab, Box, Visa, Broadcom run on Workato.
We are looking for highly motivated Software Development Engineers that believe in specializing in creating exceptional user experiences for our users. You will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and experience accepting and giving meaningful feedback on technical designs.
You will be responsible for creating the new generation of connectivity on Workato to top business applications together with a team of world-class engineers and product managers. This role involves learning the ins-and-outs of modern web technologies and how to work in fast-paced and agile sprints. You will be responsible for writing high-quality code that addresses real-world customer challenges and contributing immediately to the Workato platform's success and that of our customers. Our goal is to set the bar for what enterprise automation can be. We want to work with people who are excited by this goal and have the talent to deliver on it.
Workato has a positive, diverse, and collaborative culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, smart, hardworking, and work to be a little better every day. Workato has also been recognized amongst the "Top 47 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On in 2020", the "Hottest 13 Productivity Software Startups to Watch in 2020!", and the "Top 15 startups helping even non-programmers build simple apps, ahead of an expected software developer shortage" by Business Insider.
What You Will Do:
- Solve challenging connectivity problems involving the world's top business applications and engineering with a focus on scalability, reliability, and user experience.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve bugs and issues with software programming code that arise during testing and contribute to our CI/CD process, software performance tuning and optimization
- Research and develop advanced algorithms to get real-time performance
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to understand customer needs, implement solutions, and deliver compelling products
- Responsibilities include designing and developing robust, stable, and fault-tolerant connectors to the world's top applications.
- Contribute to all phases of the development life-cycle
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Evaluate and propose improvements to Workato's connectors and platform.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting them for review.
Qualifications and Experience
- Apply as a recent graduate, final year undergraduate, or Masters' final year student with disciplines in Computer Science, Computer engineering, Information systems or equivalent
- Be available to work full-time from Q1 2022 onwards
- A good foundation in software engineering principles, including object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Excellent debugging, analytical, problem-solving, and social skills
- Prior internship experience in a Software engineering role
- Experience in Ruby is a plus
- Contributions to open-source projects is a plus.
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
- Internship Experience. You have internship level (or more) experience coding and shipping production grade software.
- Strong self-management, sense of ownership, and organization. Workato's open and collaborative environment enables proactive and organized employees to really shine.
- Displays inclusivity, kindness, and humility. Our inclusive and collaborative culture is what makes Workato a great place to work. We need diverse people who embody our core values to make it even greater.
- Collaborative, empathetic, listens with intent. Communication of complex, ever-changing business and technology concepts is hard. Creating a shared understanding and path forward via an open discussion is commonplace at Workato.
- Passionate about systems design and robust software. Our backend platform change often as we work and experiment to bring credit to as many people as we can. We are passionate about software architecture and fault tolerant production systems.
- Detail-oriented; a strong focus on testing frameworks. Workato's systems are complex and mission-critical. We rely on strong testing frameworks and a focus on the details of requirements to deliver features correctly.
- Weighs trade-offs and focuses on value delivery. A fast-paced startup demands making trade-offs that balance the near term and long term value add of solutions. At Workato, we design robust systems, but try not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
- Supportive, collaborative, international team environment that supports remote employees (currently all of us!)
- Long-term prospects for a professional career in a high growth company
- Flexible Work culture
- Be part of a community-oriented organization with a history of giving back
- Best in class technology tools to empower you to do your best work
- Support for professional development and continuous learning
- Wellness programs, including fitness challenges and an occasional company day off to recover from Zoom fatigue
- Company-sponsored team-bonding activities and team celebrations
- Employee and Customer referral bonuses
All full-time permanent employees in Singapore will also have the following benefits:
- Workato Stock Options at one of Silicon Valley's fastest growing startups
- Flexible and personalised medical and wellness benefits (protection for hospitalisation and surgical procedures, clinical outpatient visits, accident coverage and more...)